Cambridge Audio DAC Magic + Marantz cd6003

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My current system consists of Marantz NR1501 receiver, cd6003 cd player and mordaunt short 906. I'm considering upgrading the sound by adding cambridge audio Dac Magic digital to analogue converter. Will there be any improvement? Is it worth? Please help. T.Q.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Given that your CD6003 already uses the same Crystal CS4398 DACs used in things like the Bryston BCD-1 and BDA-1, then I have some doubt whether you are going to notice an improvement.(Different maybe.)

I know the DAC IC used is not the whole story, but I think the CA DacMagic will be more of a 'side-grade' than an upgrade.

I think you would get more improvement by putting the money towards a Marantz PM6003 amp (or upgrading your AV amp).

John Duncan

emotion-21.gif

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
It is obvious that a system is only as good as its weakest link, could you tell us more about your system so we can make suggestions accordingly. Dac-magic is an excellent upgrade for pc based music. I havent used it with a dedicated cd player but I use it with my xbox 360 and ps3 and yes it is an upgrade. It maybe less noticeable if you already have a cd player as good as the cd6003 itself. However, Richer Sounds does provide a trial period, so you haven't got anything to lose

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts