Cambridge Audio CXA81 vs Rega Elex Mk4: which integrated amplifier is the best?

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
We have a draw at build quality & design, overwhelming victory for the CXA81 for features, and a narrow victory for the Elex Mk4 for sound. No wonder the Elex Mk4 can only get a qualified recommendation at the end.

Jonny66

Mar 21, 2023
Visit site
I do not like the ‘care needed with partnering equipment caveat’ a little more detail would help, with this in mind I’d say it was a draw but as the most important factor at this price level must be sound quality, is the reviewer saying that the Rega is only better sounding than the Cambridge with certain speakers and sources?

seanbristol

Mar 23, 2023
Visit site
I do not like the ‘care needed with partnering equipment caveat’ a little more detail would help, with this in mind I’d say it was a draw but as the most important factor at this price level must be sound quality, is the reviewer saying that the Rega is only better sounding than the Cambridge with certain speakers and sources?
I think that goes for every amp but some are easier than others I guess. Rega all day for me. Sound primarily but also which do you think is going to last better and still be great in 10 years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts