Cambridge Audio Azur 351A or second hand

Skeapchate

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I'm on a limited budget and further to my previous post I've narrowed down my search for an amplifier to the Cambridge Azur 351A (£170) or Yamaha RN-301 (£219 - as suggested by CarlDW).

I have 4 x JBL Control 1 speakers and the plan is to stream via a Chromecast Audio.

Having trawled through this forum for the past few days it seems a used amp might be another option.

Any suggestions or would I be better off with either of the above.

Thanks

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Have you heard any of the amps yet? You really need to try and listen to them first. All I know is the 351a is a superb amp for the money. Comes reasonably close to amps at £650 and less IMO.

Skeapchate

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully I can get to hear them tomorrow.

The 351A is a special offer at that price and there's only 1 in stock at my local Richer Sounds. I go away for 10 days the day after tomorrow so I might have to make a snap decision in the shop.

Skeapchate

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
There's also the Monitor Audio Airstream A100 down to £199.

But as with the Yamaha I can't find any info if it will play nicely with Google Music via Android - not sure if Google want everyone to buy a Chromecast rather than use DLNA.

Skeapchate

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Listened to the Cambridge Audio with some outrageously expensive speakers and it sounded amazing. Then I listened with some Control 1s. Clearly not as good but perfectly acceptable for what I need it for. And looks like I have something that will be fine for when the speakers eventually get upgraded.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi in your position i would sell the four jbl speakers and get a pair or decent budget speakers. Looking at the specs the jbl do not have a particularly wide frequency response. Wharfedale diamond 220, Q acoustics 3020 would be worth looking at along with some speaker stands. If you dont have the money for new speakers you could get some decent standmounts secondhand

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts