cambridge audio and cap5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have cambridge audio system and kef iq5's very time i turn it up over half way i get 3 bursts of the protection led is this usual when turning it up so loud as i have checked the speaker terminals.

crang

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi what amp you using? my 540 ver 2 is fine with my Diamond 9.1s. dont need to go past 1 o,clock with volume? i have had the three red lights flash, unfortunatly it was terminal!, even went of with speakers disconnected. Richer replaced no probs , try disconnecting speakers to seee if prob replicates,.When I push mine to far ( with two pairs of speakers, tdl nuclear 6 and 9.1s) if i go past 12 clockish the amp shuts off with one red flashing light which is overload protection, 3 red lights is not good , take it into Richers or contact CA thru thier web site.
Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

crang:Hi what amp you using? my 540 ver 2 is fine with my Diamond 9.1s. dont need to go past 1 o,clock with volume? i have had the three red lights flash, unfortunatly it was terminal!, even went of with speakers disconnected. Richer replaced no probs , try disconnecting speakers to seee if prob replicates,.When I push mine to far ( with two pairs of speakers, tdl nuclear 6 and 9.1s) if i go past 12 clockish the amp shuts off with one red flashing light which is overload protection, 3 red lights is not good , take it into Richers or contact CA thru thier web site. Hope this helps

thanks i have the 640a v2 amp i have disconnected the speakers, the amp seems to turn it self down and the led flashes in time hope this makes sense.

A

Anonymous

goldenbrown:

thanks i have the 640a v2 amp i have disconnected the speakers, the amp seems to turn it self down and the led flashes in time hope this makes sense.

If you mean the volume control turns itself down, then that is a sign that the CAP 5 system is detecting output stage clipping.

Clipping is something that you do not want!

If you like your music loud then this amplifier (75W) is probably not able to deliver enough power for you. Kef IQ5 is rated at 130W and sensitivity is a little low at 88dB!

A

Anonymous

Stumpy21:goldenbrown:

If you mean the volume control turns itself down, then that is a sign that the CAP 5 system is detecting output stage clipping.

Clipping is something that you do not want!

If you like your music loud then this amplifier (75W) is probably not able to deliver enough power for you. Kef IQ5 is rated at 130W and sensitivity is a little low at 88dB!

the problem is i get 3 flashes of the led not the clipping.

TRENDING THREADS