Cambridge 540A V2.0 or Rotel RA-04

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can someone please advice what integrated amp is suitable and partner well with the B&W 685? Currently looking at the cambridge 540A and rotel RA-04.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

A

Anonymous

Between the two options, I would opt for the Rotel RA-04.

A

Anonymous

I agree. I would plum for the Rotel too. A great amplifier, this.

A

Anonymous

ValianTX:Between the two options, I would opt for the Rotel RA-04.
Me too but it's down to taste. I believe the Marantz will give you a nicer midrange but the Rotel is a better all rounder, i.e. it's weightier and punchier. This is all subjective of course.

A

Anonymous

Looking at the spec of RA-04 which has no remote control, will it drive the 685 efficiently? Any recommendation for other amp at about the same price point?

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I have the CA 540a v2 accompanied with a 640c v2 and BR5s.

I chose the 540 because it was the perfect match for the cdp, its also stylish, great build quality has a proper remote control..... oh yeah and the sound isn't bad either.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Rotel RA-04 all the way for me.

They will both drive the speakers fine but the Rotel has a mush better soundstage and it's definitly more asuited to the B&W sound.

A

Anonymous

I forget to mention that it will also be partnering with the CA 640C, is the Rotel still be a better choice? What about NAD? What is the minimum watt needed to drive the B&W 685 efficiently?

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Whats your preference? Obviously the 540 will look better next to the cdp and you will only need one remote to operate both. The 540 will be plenty powerful enough to accommodate the 685s but may slightly be beaten by the other examples in terms of listening pleasure. Swings and roundabouts if you ask me!

A

Anonymous

Fully understood, will try out all the mentioned amp to get the one that suit my taste.

Thanks so much everyone for the informative advice....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts