Cablesson Kaiser HDMI Cable 1.4??

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
No point in buying it (yet) unless you're planning on chasing it in walls etc. for an installation as there are no HDMI v1.4 equipment out there. So basically even if you did run a v1.4 cable, you would still need to run separate ethernet and audio cables to a display as the TV and other equipment can't utilise the specs. All v1.4 introduces is bi-directional capability so no more audio cables required from TV to amps and ethernet. If you're doing an install, cat5e/cat6 cables are cheap as chips anyway.

UKHDMI's cables have been favouarably received, so I don't see this one being any different. Fair play to them getting v1.4 out before anyone else but I think I'll wait until I have some v1.4 equipment to connect it to!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
On the other side of that coin though, if it's no more expensive than the 1.3 cable it replaces (or only a little) then buying it now saves you from getting one later on when you DO get some 1.4 capable equipment. I wouldn't NOT buy it just because it was 1.4, if I was looking for a cable, which I'm not, isn't that right WHF subs department (hint hint!)?

A

Anonymous

d4v3pum4:
Fair play to them getting v1.4 out before anyone else but I think I'll wait until I have some v1.4 equipment to connect it to!

Hello d4v3pum4

Dont forget that there is no official certification for 1.4 at the time of posting this.

from the HDMI.org website: ( On the home page of www.hdmi.org)

NEWS AND EVENTS

* A Statement Regarding the Upcoming CTS 1.4

HDMI Licensing, LLC is currently working to complete and publish the Compliance Test Specification, Version 1.4 (CTS 1.4). Until that time, no products can claim compliance with the HDMI Specification, Version 1.4. All fully compliant products MUST pass the Compliance Test Specification. Until the CTS 1.4 is published, testing for compliance is not possible.

High Speed HDMI cables currently on the market are capable of supporting the requirements for 3D, 4K, Audio Return Channel and support for the new color spaces. Cables that claim to support the HDMI Ethernet Channel have not been tested and are non-compliant products.

Very soon you can be sure that many sites will have 1.4 cables when it is possible to pay for 1.4 certification :)

Mark.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts