admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I have just brough a Marantz 6000 ki CD player, Nad C370 and Epos Els303 speakers all as new, boxed for the last 5 yrs.

However they sound dull with the cables I have. I have been reading about Chord cables but im a novice and dont know where to start? I got the above kit complete for £250, I dont mind paying £200 for cables any suggestions?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I dont mate. Im a novice so any ideas would be great?

Cheers.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Use the cable review here to find some decent ones. Alternatively most dealers have a box full of the stuff so you could always leave a deposit and try some. I would'nt go overboard though decent cables are not a waste and you probably use them throughout a few system changes.

Having said all that, the 'poblem' could well be unsolvable with cables so a dealer would be my first port of call.

As always, my opinion only

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I think spending that kind of money on cables is a waste, considering you got the whole setup for £250.

The 370 is not a bad amp but the bass can be a bit muddy sounding. If you are going to try new cables, you might be better with a silver cable, maybe something from QED (2nd hand from ebay).

Before spending anything, make sure you have set your system up correctly. Room accoustics, and speaker positioning can make a huge difference.

If that doesn't work, turn up the treble on the amp.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
newhallmon1:I dont mate. Im a novice so any ideas would be great?

So the question remains, what makes you think the cables are making the system sound dull? It's quite a leap, given that any one or more of the components could be to blame.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
As new or new? New speakers tend to need a LOT of running in before they sound their best.

They also need to be as 'rock solid' as you can get them. Any movement of the speakers will deteriorate the sound

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
How many terminals do they have on the back of the speakers? If there are 4, are there bars across them so that in effect there are two pairs?

T

the record spot

Are you absolutely sure it's the cabling...? Try moving the speakers around and see what that does in the first place. £200 on cables is - IMO - an unnecessary expense here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts