Cables for Creek Destiny amp and Dali Ikon 6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need help with my setup consisting of Philips DVD player, Musical Fidelity A3.24 DAC, Creek Destiny integrated and Dali Ikon 6 speakers. The sound can be on the bright side on certain CDs, cables I am using are older Ixos interconnects and speaker cables. Any suggestions for taming the brightness of my setup? I am looking at Audioquest cables (Coral IC and older GBC speaker wires). Thanks for the help.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gregory"]van damm cables are good at taming brightness, cheap too.[/quote]
I agree, by most counts I have a bright setup and the van damme cable has help calm the top end down.

A

Anonymous

I was able to audition a warm-ish interconnect, the von Gaylord Lemaa. It has settled down that harsness of my system. I will be purchasing this interconnect and would recommend it for those who have a similar problem. Thanks for the replies.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="RPA123"]
I was able to audition a warm-ish interconnect, the von Gaylord Lemaa. It has settled down that harsness of my system. I will be purchasing this interconnect and would recommend it for those who have a similar problem. Thanks for the replies.
[/quote]

You really should auction the Van Damme, or the Gotham cables before such an expensive purchase. I am using Van Damme speaker cable on a Lyngdorf SDAI 2715 amp and Dali Ikon 6 and its as good as anything I have auditioned, and I have a Van Damme coaxial digital to my DAC. I also have on order a Gotham interconnect to try out, along with a Van Damme balanced XLR connector for an impending purchase.
Cheap doesn't necessarily mean 2nd best.

A

Anonymous

Had the same problem with my creek amp......Cardas Quadlink interconnect ( http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=products&content_id=1&pagestring=Interconnect&product_id=10 ) with Cardas Quadlink speaker cable solved the problem completely. For most of the part you are using passive amp in creek so you need cables that total impedance will be high so they will smooth the upper part of frequency response. Quadlinks Capacitance is 55pF per foot for RCA termination that will give you excellent, warm sound - I am using them now and love it. I have tried many expensive cables before and they just did not work well with creek's passive pre-amp. Another "classic" choice would be Van Den Hul "The First"

Regards,
Arthur

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts