Cables and Power conditioners

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've had an interesting weekend of swapping cables and experimenting with a power conditioner. However I'm concerned I maybe going a bit deaf!

I've been using an IXOS 104 interconnect with my cdp and decided it was worth trying an upgrade. So I've bought a VDN The Name and an Atlas Equator II. I recently swapped my speaker cables and noticed a massive difference so I was really surprised by the lack of difference between all three of these cables. My main feelings are that the IXOS is slighly leaner but maybe more detailed, VDH quite warm sounding and I'm not sure about the Atlas quite neutral in comparison. To be honest though, in blind testing I don't think I would be able to tell the difference. I have to say, I think I actually prefer the IXOS I started with!

I also bought a tacima power conditioner yesterday and also my soul feels cleansed (possibly because I tidied all my cables and hoovered behind my system) I can't tell any difference at all. Maybe I will have a lightblub moment in about 3 months and realise it's a massive improvement.

Anyway, I've bought a new hoover as well, if that doesn't make my carpet cleaner I will be shouting conspiracy!

A

Anonymous

Stereolad:
I've had an interesting weekend of swapping cables and experimenting with a power conditioner. However I'm concerned I maybe going a bit deaf!

I've been using an IXOS 104 interconnect with my cdp and decided it was worth trying an upgrade. So I've bought a VDN The Name and an Atlas Equator II. I recently swapped my speaker cables and noticed a massive difference so I was really surprised by the lack of difference between all three of these cables. My main feelings are that the IXOS is slighly leaner but maybe more detailed, VDH quite warm sounding and I'm not sure about the Atlas quite neutral in comparison. To be honest though, in blind testing I don't think I would be able to tell the difference. I have to say, I think I actually prefer the IXOS I started with!

I also bought a tacima power conditioner yesterday and also my soul feels cleansed (possibly because I tidied all my cables and hoovered behind my system) I can't tell any difference at all. Maybe I will have a lightblub moment in about 3 months and realise it's a massive improvement.

Anyway, I've bought a new hoover as well, if that doesn't make my carpet cleaner I will be shouting conspiracy!

Fear not, you're not deaf. Despite what you might read in certain places , changing things on the mains won't improve the sound at all unless you have an abnormal amount of interference, but the Tacima is worth having because it has surge protection for a reasonable price.

A

Anonymous

And now I've been listening all day, and do you know what? My hi-fi has never sounded better! I can't even put my finger on what it is, I've just enjoyed it more, and now I'm more confused than ever!

A

Anonymous

And on top of that, my carpets are cleaner as well. Not the day I thought it would be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts