CA Azur 340A or my old Rotel

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been done before but I'm new at all this!At the moment I've got an (oldish) Rotel RA931 amp that I'm thinking of replacing.Being on quite a tight budget I'm looking at the CA Azur 340A.Question is,would I notice any significant difference?I know it can be all down to the listener really but any comments very gratefully received

Thanks..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Different? Yes. Better? Not so sure. I'd stick with what you have, or at least get a listen to the Cambridge before you decide to make any change. The 931 is a great little amp, and well worth keeping.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Different? Yes. Better? Not so sure. I'd stick with what you have, or at least get a listen to the Cambridge before you decide to make any change. The 931 is a great little amp, and well worth keeping.

[/quote]Agreed. Much better to enjoy that great little rotel for a few more years, the 340 would be a step down IMO.

A

Anonymous

All,

Many thanks for the comments/advice.I need to listen to the CA first then.Also I'm using a pair of TDL Nucleus 2 with the amp (they are the next item for upgrade).Any recommendations for a decent set of speakers for someone on a budget?

Again,any suggestions gratefully received

Simon

TRENDING THREADS