C326BEE amp - Dynaudio speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello.

Can somebody confirm the NAD C326 BEE have enough juice to drive a pair of Dynaudio DM 2/7?

I'm tossing between these and the B&W 685s.

Application is music in a smallish room, so volume levels should be kept moderate. I rearranged my room since my previous post and I managed to have 40/50cm free space around the speaker stands.I bought sound absorption panels, few bass traps and a woolen rug for my room. :)

Thanks all.

I would say the B&Ws would be better matched. I know from older Dyns they need a pure current and/or high power to hear them at their best. Also, the presentation of the Nad may not be friendliest match with Dyns, synergy-wise.

B&W or Monitor Audio RX1 would produce far better results and would soothe the Nads strong bottom end.

EDIT - please audition before deciding. In addition, the B&Ws and MAs will perform better closer to the wall, if space is an issue.

A

Anonymous

plasticpenguin> Cheers. I am leaning towards the Dyns because of the soft dome tweeters, that could be easier on the high frequencies in a little bright room.

poldo> My room is 9 x 11 feet (2.6m x 3.2m). It is small, but I am just renting my place; with these new speakers I am thinking long term. The speaker stands are 1.5 feet (45cm) clear off the walls, just about both manufacturer recommendation.

Thanks for the replies, it's awesome. It seems the NAD C326 and the B&W 685 are a popular association, but the Dyns have my preference before listening side to side, because of the soft dome tweeter and the shorter cabinet size.

I listened to both separately and I can't really hear a difference...

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I think the DM/7 is a very nice speaker, for that size room the dm/6 is a nice too, but if you want to move to a large space then the 7 is a good choice!

Robbylion:
Hello.

Can somebody confirm the NAD C326 BEE have enough juice to drive a pair of Dynaudio DM 2/7?

I'm tossing between these and the B&W 685s.

Application is music in a smallish room, so volume levels should be kept moderate. I rearranged my room since my previous post and I managed to have 40/50cm free space around the speaker stands.I bought sound absorption panels, few bass traps and a woolen rug for my room. :)

Thanks all.

Hi Robbylion

I would choose the excellent DM 2/7's anyday as they sound far more natural, detailed and offer even greater drive. DM 2/7's also work really well with the C326BEE.
emotion-1.gif
Utimately the DM 2/7's could do with an even better amplifier however they have an even greater performance potential which will accomodate several future component changes that you may wish to make.
emotion-2.gif

Btw, the DM 2/6's offer much of the qualities of the DM 2/7's but on a smaller scale.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advices, I will borrow both and try them at home, it's not a given I will find a difference! ;D

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I thought of posting a feedback after listening to DM2/7s and 685s at home. Amp is NAD 326, CA Dacmagic and NAD 515 CD. Listening to various sources, CD, and mp3 128 to 320.

I liked the sound of the Dyns better, richer and felt more real. However the bass was overpowering and even boomy on some tracks. This must have to do with the such small room, even 40cm off the walls seemed too close. My room is small but acoustically treated (panels and bass traps). I tried plugging the vents but then they did not sound as good.

The 685 sounded good, with less bass boom but a little more treble harshness. I must confess I like the Dyns better with a richer and more detailed sound in the midrange.

The build quality is clearly in favor of the Dys. The 685 looks cheaply assembled next to the 2/7.

Given these facts I will try to get my hands on the DM 2/6 (1 size down from 2/7) and hopefully I will keep this sound I like while diminishing the boom. If this is still not satisfactory I will go for the 685s.

If you have any recommendation at this stage I would be appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts