c325bee, MA RS6, or Energy c-500, Dali concept 6, Dance/heavy Metal

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok, somehow I upgraded myself at some point on the weekend to the MA RS6 from the BR5 while doing some research. I convinced myself that if I did this, I would not want to upgrade in the near future. However, when I called the shop to do the purchase today, the shop dealer suggested that I would be making a mistake with the RS6 for dance music and hard rock/metal as they are more for, says him, classic/classical. What he suggested are the c500 from Energy or the Dali concept 6.

I would love some input about this.

Thanks .. .

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
xmotleyx:
Ok, somehow I upgraded myself at some point on the weekend to the MA RS6 from the BR5 while doing some research. I convinced myself that if I did this, I would not want to upgrade in the near future. However, when I called the shop to do the purchase today, the shop dealer suggested that I would be making a mistake with the RS6 for dance music and hard rock/metal as they are more for, says him, classic/classical. What he suggested are the c500 from Energy or the Dali concept 6.

I would love some input about this.

Thanks .. .

I have the RS6s and they are great with all kinds of music (I have a fairly varied taste) from my current faves, Noisettes to Nirvana, Bob Marley to Maxwell. I love Alicia Keys, John Legend, Amy Winehouse, The Jam, Elbow, The Killers, Kings of Leon....

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I concur. I could see someone saying that about PMC or Spendor, but not the RS6. The RS6 is clearly not a speaker made for primarily classical music. The RS6 is a well known "all arounder". Get the RS6.

A

Anonymous

I thought that it was weird to, especially after seeing the dan_1979 (is that his name?) review and suggestions. No thoughts on the Energy? I guess I should just stick with what I thought I should go with?

I just know that once I make this decision, that is it! There is no exchange afterward.

Would the bass be enough in a room 3.8 m x 4.2 m x 2.3 m mostly hard surfaces? Or would I need a sub for movies & DnB music? I am planning to go silver in the front and center and bronze (br2) in the back until a later upgrade. Then, at that time, the br2s can be used in the computer room. Or is there a better solution.

Thanks a lot guys

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
xmotleyx:
I thought that it was weird to, especially after seeing the dan_1979 (is that his name?) review and suggestions. No thoughts on the Energy? I guess I should just stick with what I thought I should go with?

I just know that once I make this decision, that is it! There is no exchange afterward.

Would the bass be enough in a room 3.8 m x 4.2 m x 2.3 m mostly hard surfaces? Or would I need a sub for movies & DnB music? I am planning to go silver in the front and center and bronze (br2) in the back until a later upgrade. Then, at that time, the br2s can be used in the computer room. Or is there a better solution.

Thanks a lot guys

Plenty of bass from the RS6s in stereo for your music. You will want a sub though for movies. The RSW12 is brilliant.

A

Anonymous

xmotleyx:

Thanks a lot guys

Bass in my setup can be a tad boomy (mostly due to rear wall and positioning but I am short on options) so with DnB I put the foam bungs in to fasten up the bass - works quite well. There is certainly quite a bit of bass with RS6s.

A

Anonymous

vinod_david:Chainrock: Thank you for the feedback. You must be really happy with the setup.

I am indeed quite happy. My only compaint is some rock tracks sound a tad bright - a bit tiring at high volumes (9:30 on the dial) - but that's a small minority of my collection so not that big of a deal. Sometimes I do wonder though what it would be like if I got a Kandy K2 or a Cyrus amp instead of the Marantz and B&W 684s or Rega RS3s instead of MA RS6s....

EDIT: Sorry! Don't mean to "hijack" the thread..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts