BX2 or Zensor for Marantz pm7200

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Ive just replaced an old cambridge audio amp with a Marantz 7200, and its paired with the Marantz CD63SE/project Debut II.

I currently have and pair of Gale silver monitors and looking to upgrade.

I first went for the Monitor Audio RX2 but I think its too much for my small flat - they are on built in shelves with not much room from the back wall (15cm ish).

I hope someone can advise a good option for not too loud listening (sometimes quiet) in this setup. I have read a lot of good about the BX2 but I know everyone has a different opinion. I should probably just try them head to head somehow.

I tried the MA BX2 and B&W 685 with MArantz 6004 setup in a shop and they both sounded good - but the price of the B&W is a bit too much I think (and they are very deep so cause a problem getting away from the wall). I couldn't test the Dali Zensor but I have read that its a good option. It's a bit cheaper though - does this mean I'll be missing out on something? One possible problem is that one shelf only has height space for 38 cm - is that a problem - having another shelf very close to the top of the speaker?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
The Dali Zensor 1 are really good speakers. They sound more lively than the BX2s, but lack a little detail and refinement in comparison. Both are good choices. I'd also give the Q Acoustics 2020is a listen. They're a great buy for £145.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies!
I wonder with the 2020i will I hear much of a difference over the Gale Silvers?
It's hard to tell - it all sounds so different when listening in a demo room!
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts