Buying New Speakers for Sons ZP120

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have just bought a Sonos ZP120 (I prefered the option of having actual speakers rather than having other Sonos systems for the living room.

I am now looking to purchase some speakers to along with it, but having looked through the various reviews is a bit of a mindfield to a newbie like me. I tend to listen to a wide range of music so looking for a pair of speakers that would open up the sounds on (for example) Vampire Weekend - Contra or rocking it our with Metallica - Enter the Sandman and then some umph! to handle the bass of dance music or some good old breakbeat!! Then throw in some go old Stevie Wonder or Barry White.....I think you get my drift!! [:D]

My budget is £100 to £300 but I can probably stretch to £400 if they are exeptional speakers!!!

Would people be so kind in making some suggestions that would go well with my new system and random/varied musical tastes.

Thanking you in advance

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I'd be thinking Tannoy Mercury V1 or Monitor Audio Bronze BX2...

I had previously looked at the Monitor Audio Bronze but was a little put off by the comments on the review trying to get a system to match the speakers. Should I have any concerns given the system that I will be using? (think that question makes sense lol)

Many thanks

betamale

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
With bookshelf speakers a pair of stands with some weight in make a difference with bass, remember to budget for some proper speaker cable as well. It really does make a difference compared with freebie or cheap stuff.

I have a pair of Gale monitors wired into a ZP120 and using Chord signature cable made a lot of difference in comparison to cheap Maplin stuff. I used a pair of old Tannoy mercury 2 in my main system while waiting for some speakers to be build and was disappointed with them until I put them on some stands and the difference was phenomenal. I hope that does not confuse matters.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
I've got ZP120s partnered with both MA BR2s (the predecessor to the BX2) and Q Acoustics 1020s - both work very well, but the ZP120 is good enough to reveal the MAs as the better speakers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
With the likes of the Monitor Audio RX1's and KEF Q100's around, there's every reason to stretch your budget! Both are quite different, so worth getting a demo first. If you don't want to spend that much, the BX2's will be fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts