Buying advice??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys!! OK I thought I'd throw this one open to the experts and the not so experts!! I'm pretty new to all this but have just bought a new house and decided to treat myself to a decent HiFi/ Home Cinema system, and am looking for some general opinions/buying advice. The system I am looking for will be to play both music and be used for cinema surround so I would like something that handles both equally (from what I read anything that handles music should do cinema but not also the other way round??) Anyway I started looking and was going to go for a Bose system, however on a little more investigation found the general opinion is that I will not get the best quality sound for my money. So I thought I'd ask around for ideas below is my criteria any thoughts/advice would be very much appreciated 1) System that I can link to my TV/Computer/Blue ray/CD 2) Size is unimportant sound quality come first 3) If required can make muti room 4) Can Handle music + films 5) I would like to do away with too many boxes and just have one ie the amp that everything else is linked to 6) Budget?? Well not too stupid but I had my eye on the Bose v30 so around £2000 but I love a saving!!! Although if it blows me away the kids can live on beans for a month or 2!! Oh and finally if I have a centre speaker it really needs to be mounted on the wall below my TV as the TV is above the fire and most centre speakers I've looked at so far seem a little big. Thanks in advance guys!!! John

A

Anonymous

Hi. I'm not an expert, but if I had 2 grand to blow on surround sound speakers (5.1?) and an amp I would go and visit as many dealers as possible. Of course, do take heed of the WHF S&V recommendations, tests and reviews. I believe you can do a lot better than Bose with the money you can spend. (And kids won't mind the beans as long as you can serve them with chips...
emotion-4.gif
)

You mention your sources (blu-ray player and CD player), what are they?

A

Anonymous

Why not demo the KEF 3005se speakers and the ampof your choice. I've got these and the Pioneer VSX-LX51 which is a crackin' amp. ÿI paid £1950 for the amp, 7.1 speakers and a pair of stands six months ago so you should be able to beat that now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts