Buying a Rega RP1

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have finally decided to buy a Rega RP1 and am just wandering about the rest of the set-up and what you would advise?

I am looking at about £150 for an amp and £200 for some speakers, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

nawkate63597019770443 said:
Hi,

I have finally decided to buy a Rega RP1 and am just wandering about the rest of the set-up and what you would advise?

I am looking at about £150 for an amp and £200 for some speakers, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps this should have been in the main Hi-Fi section, it might have got a few more replies.

More information needed as to room size, new or second-hand etc.

My advice is to go and audition as much as you can as we do not have your ears or listening room, and you'll need to budget for cables and speaker stands, etc.

Are you in the UK?

Al ears said:
Perhaps this should have been in the main Hi-Fi section, it might have got a few more replies.

More information needed as to room size, new or second-hand etc.

My advice is to go and audition as much as you can as we do not have your ears or listening room, and you'll need to budget for cables and speaker stands, etc.

Are you in the UK?

For some reason the forum changed my username and password so i had to re-register.

I am looking at new, mainly because i don't feel I have enough knowledge to buy second hand. There is a second hand record shop near me (yes, I am in the UK) but i would not be confident buying one.

The room is a double bedroom, so i would say about 12ft x 9ft, maybe a little bit smaller.

Money for speaker stands, cables etc. will be seperate so that is fine

With regards to the second hand shop they currently have the following in stock:
Lilac Rega planar 3 - £220Ariston RD80 (with Linn Basik LV V arm) - £250Ariston RD80 (with Audio Technics arm) - £275Thorens TD318 - £200Thorens TD160B MKII with Linn basic LV X arm - £225

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts