Buy a phablet or tablet with sim card phone functionality.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Hope you guys can offer me some advice on a smart phone / tablet scenario.

I currently have a separate device for tablet and smart phone, but now that am looking to replace my smart phone it occurs to me that tablet and smart phone do the same things in a lot of way. My plan is therefore to sell my current tablet and but instead get something that gives me a tablet / smart phone experience. Here are my options.

Option 1: buy a sim card tablet that offer smart phone functionality. Samsung tab s SM-T705 fit this the bill as it has 2k amoled 8.4 screen for a tablet experience but also offer phone functionality. Downside only has 8 / 2.1 megapixel camera.

Option 2. Buy a phablet that has a large screen in the region of 5.5 to 6.8 inches. Considering note 4, lg g3, huawei p8 max, oppo r7 plus. All these phablet has 2k screen (expect the oppo r7 plus which has 1080 amoled and the p8 max which has 1080 ) and high rear megapixel camara. The note 4 and lg g3 enough offer 4k video recording.

Option 3. Buy something like the samsung s5 and then buy a 13 or 15 inches portable touch screen monitor to mirror the smart phone for that tablet experience when I need to.

What needs are: 1. Sometimes that takes good pictures, 2. big enough screen for entertainment, 3. Good screen resolution.

Which of my options do you guys think would be the best options to go for. I am also open to suggestions and recommendations.

jjbomber

ibl0010 said:
Hi. Hope you guys can offer me some advice on a smart phone / tablet scenario.

What needs are: 1. Sometimes that takes good pictures, 2. big enough screen for entertainment, 3. Good screen resolution.

Which of my options do you guys think would be the best options to go for. I am also open to suggestions and recommendations.

It all depends what size screen you want. If you need a biggie, then it's the Lenovo Yoga pro 2 at £350 or so. They are going cheap as the Lenovo 3 is out now at £1,200 or so. Add in a Oneplus One for £180 with a 13 megapixel camera, or wait until the end of the month for the Oneplus Two. together they are the same price as a 5.5 inch smartphone. No brainer.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
jjbomber said:
ibl0010 said:
Hi. Hope you guys can offer me some advice on a smart phone / tablet scenario.?

What needs are: 1. Sometimes that takes good pictures, 2. big enough screen for entertainment,  3. Good screen resolution.?

Which of my options do you guys think would be the best options to go for. I am also open to suggestions and recommendations.?

?

It all depends what size screen you want. If you need a biggie, then it's the Lenovo Yoga pro 2 at £350 or so. They are going cheap as the Lenovo 3 is out now at £1,200 or so. Add in a Oneplus One for £180 with a 13 megapixel camera, or wait until the end of the month for the Oneplus Two. together they are the same price as a 5.5 inch smartphone. No brainer.
if I was to go for option 3 of a touch screen monitors to mirror a smart phone, I want the monitor to be between 13.3 and 15.6 so its also portable enough to take on holiday with me.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
jjbomber said:
... are selling the LG Spirit Mobile phone and the LG G Pad 7'' for just £12 a month, nothing up front. It's 250 minutes a month, unlimited texts and 250mb data on a 24 month contract.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts