Burning discs with itunes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,im new to computer based music can someone explain the best way to burn albums purchased from itunes to get the best quality disc playback.I dont really understand all the settings at the top of the page.
Thanks

John Duncan

Albums purchased from iTunes are generally of low(er) quality - the majority are at 128kbps, some (marked with a plus) are at 256kbps, and burning to CD (at which point it is converted to WAV) will not improve this quality. You would be better off buying the disc and ripping it back into iTunes using a lossless format

Nothing you change in the burn settings will improve the quality.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Albums purchased from iTunes are generally of low(er) quality - the majority are at 128kbps, some (marked with a plus) are at 256kbps, and burning to CD (at which point it is converted to WAV) will not improve this quality. You would be better off buying the disc and ripping it back into iTunes using a lossless format Nothing you change in the burn settings will improve the quality.

I agree with JD - far better off ripping the CD's to your PC using a lossless format. (If you are using media player for example to Rip it offeres you the choice of .WAV or .WMP pro formats - both lossless) To give you an idea of what this means an average CD will occupy about 650Mb of disc space if ripped as a series of .WAV files

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Absolutely no good for iTunes....but the audio format of the moment seems to be flac (which is what I use). It is compressed but preserves all the bits of the original wav file.

I believe it does this by doing something like.....

0001100011111000 original 16 bit binary

0312031503 compressed expression of the original.

Happy for someone to jump in and give me a kicking on this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts