Burning discs for HiFi use

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've a number of albums on my new laptop that i copied from my brother which i love to listen to but unfortunatley theyre all in MP3 format. Even though ive already copied them to a CD-R (one album to one CD) they still sound naff. Is there a way i can change them to WMA format so that i can burn them onto a CD @ 192kbs? If so, will that make them sound better or should i just stump it and buy them instead? I'm good with computers, well so i like to think, but when it comes to stuff like this i'm bit of a noob! Also i like to listen to some of the radio stations i stream on my laptop, Radio 1, Radio 2 and 1FM (online only) - I just simply connect my laptop to my Arcam Alpha 9 integrated via a 3.5mm jack plug to a 2 phono cable. It sounds fine, once i've changed the sound format on my laptop, but its still not super. Should i be using an external sound card device (if there's such a thing) or will i just have to put up with it and turn the volume up more on the amp? My laptop is an ACER Aspire 5920. Thanks for all info/help.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
If they are bad sounding mp3's then converting them isn't gonna make them sound any better, and probably worse. You can't replace what has been lost in the compression process of a lossy format like MP3.

*edit As for the radio. It will never sound great with the quality they pump out from the BBC website, but turning your amp up wont be a problem. But check the settings in the volume panel are suitablly high too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts