Burmester 102 cd player

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Can you get close to one without having to produce a clean CRB check and proof of Lordship?

... erm, perhaps another combination ...

regards

iceman16

I have included the Burmester 102 to my shortlist in getting a proper source to work with my MF AMS35i.Given there's no chance of demoing the player,I have a quick chat to a dealer over the phone. I took the opportunity to ask a few questions on what I want to achive.He told me that the Burmester 102 is one of the best in its price range and even betters the Pathos endorphin which he also stock and on top of my list :?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Macspur said:
Hi Iceman,

Are you still interested in the Electrocompaniet EMC1UP? if so, is there anywhere for you to hear it?

There's a couple of ex demo models available at www.audio-cinema.co.uk

Mac

Hi Mac, Yes Im still interested and thanks for the info. But unfortunately my local dealer does'nt stock them so no chance for a demo :cry: Regards Iceman

Iceman, not sure where you're based, but Audio Destination in Devon would allow you a home demo if you wanted... Mike and Caroline a great couple to deal with.

Mac

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
No interest for the AMS cd ?

Or have you heard it? If so what where you're impressions?

Personaly I havn't heard it but really want to before making a disission.

at this point I have only 2 player in mind AMS & Electrcompagniet witch I will demo on Friday. (I actualy go to demo the Avalo Ascendent but I asked to connect the electrocompagniet.)

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

at this point I have only 2 player in mind AMS & Electrcompagniet witch I will demo on Friday. (I actualy go to demo the Avalo Ascendent but I asked to connect the electrocompagniet.)

iceman16

Hi Roby, I have'nt heard the AMScd but it should be the perfect partner for the 35i. Its out of my budget which cost around £4700 ex demo. Anyway Im looking forward to your findings about the EMC1UP connected to the 35i :) Have you heard the Pathos endorphin with the 35i? If so, how does it sound like? Regards Iceman

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Oké I understand

I didn't at first becaus correct me if I'm wrong but catalogeu price of the AMS and the Endorphine are tne same no?

Personally I had the chance listen to the Endorphine an afternoon during the phatos demo.

My feeling was it was a great player very balanced an detailed. But it was a bit to much for my taste I maen there where moments on certain cd's it was let's say trying to be to cold witch made it sometimes to analitical an even a bit cold...

But hey you have to take the rest of the gear in consideration.....

Basicly we where there for the phatos amplification so didn't really payed attention to the cd player.

Maybe one day I will have the chance to hook it up to my AMS35i an see what happens.

Anyway if you find a ex demo it's provably worth it but at almost the same price as the AMScd I would think about it twice

I will give my impression of my demo Friday even if I basicly go for the speakers I would pay attention to that cd player everybody is talking about.

It's a shame my budget is a bit limited at the momment....because he told me the player is for sale to ex demo 3500€ I think....

MM but if I take the Avalon's I think my current cdp will have to do the job for the next year or 2

iceman16

Roby, I think I should change the title of this topic to Electrocompaniet EMC1UP. I just ordered the EMC1UP (ex demo 8 mos.old)with a brand new spider clamp this afternoon :) The dealer(guy) I bought it from was very knowledgeable, straightforward and helpful. I will be receiving the cdp by tuesday next week.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Roby, I think I should change the title of this topic to Electrocompaniet EMC1UP. I just ordered the EMC1UP (ex demo 8 mos.old)with a brand new spider clamp this afternoon :) The dealer(guy) I bought it from was very knowledgeable, straightforward and helpful. I will be receiving the cdp by tuesday next week.

Excellent Iceman!

Do you mind me asking from which dealer you bought it from?

Try and make sure to use XLR connections for best results.

Cheers

Mac

iceman16

Macspur said:
iceman16 said:

Excellent Iceman!

Do you mind me asking from which dealer you bought it from?

Try and make sure to use XLR connections for best results.

Cheers

Mac

Hi Mac, First I just want to thank you for recommending the dealer(Audio & Cinema).Marcus is a great guy to deal with :)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
iceman16 said:

Well done and a very good decision IMO :grin:

You will not regret it for one second it is a very special Cdp .

Looking forward to your review :)

Don't forget to release all the transit screws as per the instructions or if you are not sure just ask and I will advise if needed.

You are in for a real treat :grin:

iceman16

Electro said:
iceman16 said:

Don't forget to release all the transit screws as per the instructions or if you are not sure just ask and I will advise if needed.

Thanks Electro.. I really appreciate that :) The dealer will also make the spider clamp ready for me so it'll be ready as soon as it arrives :grin:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
iceman16 said:

Also agree....as I had another good listen (in an all Electro system), as reported on my "Touraj Moghaddam" thread (with pics).

When I first demoed the 35i at the dealer, it was with the Electro CDP and Focal Diablo Utopias...it is really good.

I've heard the difference the Spider Clamp makes, and it is (imo) certainly worth having.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Electro said:
iceman16 said:

Thanks Electro.. I really appreciate that :) The dealer will also make the spider clamp ready for me so it'll be ready as soon as it arrives :grin:

You made the right decision in having the dealer do the spider clamp upgrade !

I upgraded mine and the centre that fits to the spindle is a different type to the one used with the original puck and has to be changed and it is very very tight , it is not a job for the feint hearted :O .

It was worth the effort though , I was not expecting much difference and to be honest the main reason I upgraded it was because it looked good :) but I was quite shocked at the improvement it made .

I went for the cool blue one :)

http://www.luxurie.me/electrocompaniet-spider-cd-clamp-for-emc-1/

A

Anonymous

I was searching for pro pictures of the Burmester 102 so I can post our Burmestersale online and saw this string. We are selling our entire Burmester demo line from our LA store. We have a 102 that has been out of box for about 3 months and is in perfect condition. The list price is $9,495 and we are selling for 40% off at $5,700. We have all materials: box, manuals, remote, power cord, etc. This also comes with a full 1 year manufacturers warranty. If you are interested please let me know: bradley@audiohigh.com - feel free to visit our website as well at www.audiohigh.com.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Roby said:

Really looking forward to results of your demo today Roby... don't keep us hanging on like usual please!

poke.gif

Mac

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'l do my best ;-)

The hardest thing is to chose the right cd's now...

I still have a bit of a cold witch is enoying caise not shure I can fully trust my ears today....but I have my usual back up with me Alex ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts