Building my thorens td150

Garf

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone I am building a new plinth for my thorens td150 and I am wondering what I should use for the base. I am thinking about using something like marble, granite or some kind of resin (fake marble). This is just the base for the chassis to sit on. thanks for your help

Garf

Garf said:
Hi everyone I am building a new plinth for my thorens td150 and I am wondering what I should use for the base. I am thinking about using something like marble, granite or some kind of resin (fake marble). This is just the base for the chassis to sit on. thanks for your help

Garf

Welcome to the forum Garf.

Whatever takes your fancy I guess and whatever is easily workable, wood normally, as it will be easily worked and ultimately the plinth will have nothing to do with sound quality, normally it's just there to support the chassis and there are many wooden examples readily available. The isolation of this plinth from whatever it sits on is important.

Garf

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
That's what I thought. I usually use half squash balls for the isolation feet do you think I should up grade on this. Also I need a motor what do you think about the rega 24v upgrade motor or should I get the origin DC motor

Garf said:
That's what I thought. I usually use half squash balls for the isolation feet do you think I should up grade on this. Also I need a motor what do you think about the rega 24v upgrade motor or should I get the origin DC motor

Upgrade the feet I would suggest. There are acrylic isolation platforms available that use Sorbothane feet

Not familiar with Rega motor or how you'd fit it in place. The Origin Live upgrade kit is very good but expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts