Budget System for Xmas

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey all,

So for xmas this year ive decided i want a system to play music through. quite like the look of a seperate amp and set of speakers rather than a all in one.

few questions.

1. whats going to be best for my £180 budget, been looking at Cambridge Audio AM5 and Diamond 9.0's

2. do i just need an amp and speakers to play music or do i need some other things?

3.do i need cables etc.

the system will only be for personal use for listening to music, if it would work with a tv too though that would be cool, not essential.

Long story short i just want suggestion of what i could get

budget is strictly £180 so i know im not going to get a world class system, just something good enough for bedroom use and small gatherings

Cheers

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
If you considered second hand equipment, your budget would stretch much further in the performance stakes. There are plenty of people on here who would have some excellent suggestions.

T

the record spot

You'll need a source, as well as an amp and speakers, check out Ebay for your options, brand new will be tricky for that money. BUt I might be able to help you out here....drop the WHF guys a line at their email address and get in touch with me. I have some stuff I need to shift and an old Denon CD player is one of them. The DCD-1420 was the second top player in their range in the early 90s I think. Condition is good, sound quality nice. No remote, but as I say, it'll get you started. I picked it up off Ebay recently and you're welcome to it for the cost of P&P.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I have some kef cresta 1s you can have for postage and packing better you get some use out of them than they collect dust if you contact whfi for my email address

T

the record spot

Sadly not, but you can send me the money and I'll buy myself some! :)

jjbomber

Just the amp to go with a couple of freebies and the £180 intact. Head to Richer Sounds for a Cambridge Audio Azur 350A for £150 and ask them to chuck in some free cables. If not, you'll have to pay for them! Viola, job done.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like some great offers there :)

Personally you'll get a lot better choice 2nd hand via eBay & the likes for amps rather than new low end amps from Richer Sounds

Personally I'd look out for a NAD C320BEE on eBay; similar to this (I know this has the tuner in as well but it wont go for much more than its current price IMO): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nad-C422-Tuner-and-Nad-C320BEE-Stereo-Intergrated-Amplifier-/261140553189?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item3ccd309de5

matthewpiano

The Cambridge Audio Topaz amps are rubbish. Much better to seek out a good second hand Marantz, NAD, Denon, Rotel or similar in my view. Cambridge Audio get serious from the 350A upwards. Any lower than that and you really are getting what you pay for - not much.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Lovely offer record spot and others you guys are just awsome. I know you said you didnt want an all in one system but i just recently bought a marant cr603 which ive seen go second hand for just over two hundred . the sound of these things are just awsome plus you.l get a tuner and streaming facilities all thrown in... just pop down to richer sounds and have a listen... otherwise there have been some good suggestions for second hand stuff on the bay ie marantz nad sony etc ive had some lovely stuff off there over the years and some stuff that was top of the range when it was new so have a good scout round. good luck

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
dan_p1992 said:
Hey all,

So for xmas this year ive decided i want a system to play music through. quite like the look of a seperate amp and set of speakers rather than a all in one.

few questions.

1. whats going to be best for my £180 budget, been looking at Cambridge Audio AM5 and Diamond 9.0's

2. do i just need an amp and speakers to play music or do i need some other things?

3.do i need cables etc.

the system will only be for personal use for listening to music, if it would work with a tv too though that would be cool, not essential.

Long story short i just want suggestion of what i could get

budget is strictly £180 so i know im not going to get a world class system, just something good enough for bedroom use and small gatherings

Cheers
Hi dan_1992 the offer on the speakers is still open there in good codition and would be a good place to start have a good christmas and a happy new year :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts