BT Reciever

friendly_ghost

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I own a Marantz PM6005 amp so I already have a built-in DAC on hand. I am now wondering what I would need in order to recieve a BlueTooth signal from my laptop and play music directly using the DAC of the amp.

On WhatHiFi I can not find any devices that would do this (just DAC-reviews). Does anyone have experience with BT-recievers and their overall sound quality? Any brands to look out for?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
friendly_ghost said:
Hi

I own a Marantz PM6005 amp so I already have a built-in DAC on hand. I am now wondering what I would need in order to recieve a BlueTooth signal from my laptop and play music directly using the DAC of the amp.

On WhatHiFi I can not find any devices that would do this (just DAC-reviews). Does anyone have experience with BT-recievers and their overall sound quality? Any brands to look out for?

Something like this maybe.

http://www.crystalaudiovideo.com/ProductDetails/Blu-DAC-UK.aspx

There are some others, though not so many with digital outs. Yamaha has one, Google is your friend.

friendly_ghost

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi Dave

Yes I tried Googling offcourse, but I was wondering If anyone on the forum is using this to streak their music to their amp directly.

I think the example you supplied is again a DAC and since I have that part built-in to my amp I might not need to spend money on buying this functionality.

Anyone familiar with plugging a reciever into a DAC-containing amp and letting that DAC do the conversion of the Bluetooth signal?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a BT receiver integrated in my amp the Roksan Kandy K2 BT and I pair my PC with a BT 4.0 dongle. Not sure if I could help with your predicament. I can comment on the sound quality of Apt-X if you are interested.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
friendly_ghost said:
Hi Dave

Yes I tried Googling offcourse, but I was wondering If anyone on the forum is using this to streak their music to their amp directly.

I think the example you supplied is again a DAC and since I have that part built-in to my amp I might not need to spend money on buying this functionality.

Anyone familiar with plugging a reciever into a DAC-containing amp and letting that DAC do the conversion of the Bluetooth signal?

You can use either digital or analogue out with the Crystal, as you can with the Yamaha YBA11. I'm not a Bluetooth user (I use Airplay) so i am just going on what I can see on the net.

I did have hands on with the Dali Kubik, which has Aptx built in, seemed to work fine with a quality only slightly less than a direct wired connection. Only impressions though, nothing conclusive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts