Bt Home Hub 4 Has Arrived to Be Followed by Home Hub 5 802.11ac at end of 2013

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
As Above new version has Dual Band 2.4 and 5GHZ wi fi both running,Plus faster Processor. Bt Store £109 + PP From June 1st

£35 To Existing Customers wishing to upgrade. Two Models available,One for Standard Broadband [with filters] One for Infinity minus filters.Not seen any reviews yet,but sounds promising.Will BB have a stab at it? ;) Or wait for the 5

abacus

Yet to see any review of an ISP supplied router that didn’t give mediocre results, so I would forget it and get a quality one if the one you have is causing problems. (Also don’t believe the adverts you see on TV)

Hope this helps

Bill

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Well,I decided to take a punt and went for the £35 upgrade to the Home Hub 4.Had it since Weds 5th June.Painless set up and am pleased with the results.I am lucky enough to have fibre to cab with up to 80Mbs possible down and 20Mbs up.

Being around 95 metres from the actual Cabinet,I am seeing a consistant ping 19.5 76,60 Mbps download 19.2 mbps upload to my iMac via ethernet,but interestingly the speed wirelessly to iPhone 5,iPad 4 and Apple Tv at 5ghz reads ping 20ms download 74,32Mbps Upload 18.54 Mbps.The Hub is sited on a shelf at a height of 5ft from the deck above my Mac with my phone/pad charger.

Compared to the Hub 3 which I had no problems with, 5ghz band speed up to about 7 metres is almost double that of the 2.4 ghz.Therefore in my case the upgrade has been very worthwhile.Anyone else intending to have a crack at it?

michael hoy

Had mine for a week now.

It is my loft along with my servers, the hub 3 was very good in my house, hub 4 appears to be slightly stonger on the wireless.

Not had time to copy all my settings accross yet from the 3 to 4.

JonnyD

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Have any of you tried connecting a USB HDD to the new hub? I wonder if you are able to see what format drives can be connected, the previous versions have only recognised FAT32 so I was hoping this update might allow NTFS or even Mac format drives. I'd be interested to hear what you find. Thanks

michael hoy

JonnyD said:
Have any of you tried connecting a USB HDD to the new hub? I wonder if you are able to see what format drives can be connected, the previous versions have only recognised FAT32 so I was hoping this update might allow NTFS or even Mac format drives. I'd be interested to hear what you find. Thanks

I will see if I have one and try it today

daveh75

BT have now announced the HH5, expected by the end of the year.

Looks much the same as the 4, but has integrated vdsl2 modem, Gbit Ethernet and 802.11ac

Free if you re-contract.

www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/07/uk-isp-bt-unveils-new-home-hub-5-vdsl2-broadband-wireless-router.html

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
daveh75 said:
BT have now announced the HH5, expected by the end of the year.

Looks much the same as the 4, but has integrated vdsl2 modem, Gbit Ethernet and 802.11ac

Free if you re-contract.

www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/07/uk-isp-bt-unveils-new-home-hub-5-vdsl2-broadband-wireless-router.html
Thanks Dave,saw a piece on Stuff about it.My contract comes up for renewal in Late November, so I should get one then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts