BT Faceplate problem

Woodchippie

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
hi there, can anyone help please?

We had a problem with broadband dropping of regularly, so I rang BT and they suggested taking the faceplate off to reveal another socket to plug the cable into. This seems to have cured the problem. But this has left a hole in the socket because the face has been removed.

so I decided to get anew master socket, but the problem is I only have 4 wires not 6 and the existing one is only connected using the white and orange.

i followed the wiring instruction for the master socket but it didn't work so I put the old one back on.

I would just get a new faceplate and leave the wiring but I am not sure what to buy?

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
When you take the front plate off and plug directly into the master socket it is supposed to disconnect all the wiring in the house. So if it cured your problem by doing this you probably have some faulty wiring somewhere or a sky box may be causing the problem etc, I don't think a new master socket will cure anything.

Woodchippie

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
eggontoast said:
When you take the front plate off and plug directly into the master socket it is supposed to disconnect all the wiring in the house. So if it cured your problem by doing this you probably have some faulty wiring somewhere or a sky box may be causing the problem etc, I don't think a new master socket will cure anything.

There is no Sky Box, and there is no extension. it is simple that socket. I just need to fit a new front to it to tidy it up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts