Bryston BP25 gets warm. Normal?

newtohifijkt

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
hi,

i have bought a used Bryston Pre-amp BP25 yesterday. What I notice, the right side of the amp (around one-third of the case of the amp), gets warm during usage. Is it normal?

The sound is amazing. But haven't had the chance to use it for a lengthy period though.

tried to google it about the issue, but cant find answers. If somebody here who are familiar with Bryston pre amp can shed a light?

thanks,

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Why wouldn't it be normal? Even my class D amp got warm (relatively hot in summer) but then again the case itself worked as the heatsink.

image.php

Oh, look. There on the right hand side. Around one third of the unit. Would they be capacitors, etc. associated with supplying power for the unit. (assuming I've got a picture of the right bit of kit or one similar enough).

Even my U-05 gets surprisingly hot overall, even just working as a preamp. Then again, that's probably the class A element at work. I think the use of class A in preamps is common because it isn't dealing with so many watts so doesn't waste too much power/generate too much heat.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
If you are really that worried about it I would have thought Bryston Customer Service would be the place to enquire.

In addition, don't they do a twenty year or something like that transferable warranty?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
drummerman said:
If you are really that worried about it I would have thought Bryston Customer Service would be the place to enquire.

In addition, don't they do a twenty year or something like that transferable warranty?

This would certainly give you a better and more satisfactory answer than the opinion of random internet guy who has never heard or owned your kit (i.e. me).

TRENDING THREADS