Broadcasting technology

i8nm3gp

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi. i just need to know the technology broadcaster companies use and the method of the use of such technology when airing live broadcast. just that i was watching the UEFA champions league final and was not happy with the sound although it was HD but i realised it was not my system but the mode of broadcast and technology employed by braodcaster companies. I know that it would be great if FIFA allowed the use of microphones on the pitch or on the individual players to create the sound as if on the pitch and then localised the sound to get sound from all the players when they communicating as well as a microphone inside the soccer ball so that us viewers can actually hear the thud when the ball is being kicked. also are there any microphones positioned in the supporters area and not on the camera itself to create a better sounding ambience. for example, if the camera is facing the pitch at a certain angle, are there any microphones that actually pick up the sound in the rear of the camera and broadcast it for the rear speakers to play the same sound. Are you guys understanding what i am trying to say? What are the technologies employed by broadcasting companies?

Andrew17321

Nov 12, 2008
Visit site
Maybe all that is needed is for the referee to wear Google Glasses and have a transmitter on his head. Then we could do away with all the other camera men and commentators. You would be right in there, in the thick of the game, and see and hear everything.

Andrew

i8nm3gp

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
if commentary is so important, does the crowd also get to hear commentary? by placing sensitive microphones all over the stadium, the engineer would need to adjust volume etc all in realtime in order to hear commentary. in movies we get to hear the thud of a punch, why not in live football? player communication, coach communication etc, all that matters in a live HD broadcast and its all dependant on camera angle and distance etc with the sound coming from behind the camera as well as in front of it. that said, commentary should only come from the centre channel speaker.

i8nm3gp

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
basically i am wasting my money for a picture in 720p and poor quality sound. i get better sound from my tv when watching live football. it makes no difference because of the technology employed by broadcasting companies. thats the way they market their products and us consumers are deceived.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I have a Panasonic DMR BWT720 which can record in HD and plays and records Blurays. I recorded Quantum of Solace from ITVHD last night. I just replayed just now with 007's Aston being pursued by Alfa Romeo who are shooting at Daniel Craig on the road and in the quarry. The sound is ok for stereo but as I have the Bluray as well. You would buy the Aston for the sound on the bluray and there are violins playing in the chase. When an Alfa crashes into a lorry its so relistic you think its in your living room. Then the bullets being fired by the Alfa passenger reverberate around the room.

Its such a shame ITV HD don't even use 5.1 in the 007 season. I find the BBC HD channels sometimes use superior sound with their programmes.

Best Wishes

Chrs

i8nm3gp

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
thats my point. the ambient sounds in live football remains constant and doesnt change with camera angle and distance. most of the time my subwoofer doesnt even need to be switched on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts