• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Bristol Show

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
From where I'm sitting right now gel, it's packed. We'll be bringing you plenty more news on the site during the rest of today.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
JohnDuncan:gel:Did you learn anything? yes lots of exciting pioneer news...

Talk about dangling carrots..........

gel

Andy Clough:From where I'm sitting right now gel, it's packed. We'll be bringing you plenty more news on the site during the rest of today.

Excellent stuff.

Thanks

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Andrew Everard:

There is, of course, the chance JD may have been winding you up, gel...

EDIT: But Naim UnitiServe - Oooo...

Mmmm. Hence the carrots remark.

Mind you JDs post seems to have had the desired effect....

John Duncan

Jan 8, 2008
Andrew Everard:
There is, of course, the chance JD may have been winding you up, gel...

EDIT: But Naim UnitiServe - Oooo...

A slim chance, perhaps.

Yes - chatted with a NaimNet man for a long time. Didn't understand a word of it, but it looks as cute as a whole bagful of buttons.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard: There is, of course, the chance JD may have been winding you up, gel...

A slim chance, perhaps.

The only thing I inferred from the Pioneer room is that they aren't going to be doing any more multi-channel gear. I'd put good money on the current line up being the last they come out with.

EDIT: And I lose, apparently...

As for what I saw, I went Friday and I saw Ms. Newsome's dress, after that I couldn't see anything, MY EYES, IT BUUURRNNNNNSSSSS!!!!

gel

the_lhc:

JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard: There is, of course, the chance JD may have been winding you up, gel...

A slim chance, perhaps.

The only thing I inferred from the Pioneer room is that they aren't going to be doing any more multi-channel gear. I'd put good money on the current line up being the last they come out with.

As for what I saw, I went Friday and I saw Ms. Newsome's dress, after that I couldn't see anything, MY EYES, IT BUUURRNNNNNSSSSS!!!!

Very interesting post the_lhc so do you think pioneer are still in big trouble by your post then? No more multi-channel gear - what is that anyway?

Did you buy anything? Was the 3D stuff any good?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

id like to know what people thought of the samsung 3d tvs , did anyone sample them ??

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
EDIT: everything I said previously is wrong, Pioneer, just aren't making their 2010 announcements until later in the year, which is a shame. Still it means I can wait even longer before I upgrade the amp...

Did you buy anything?

Couple of bits, I've mentioned the cartridge elsewhere, other than that a 180g vinyl of Johnny Cash at San Quentin and a pack of 50 anti-static inner sleeves [JD] oooOOOoooo [/JD].

Was the 3D stuff any good?

Don't know, didn't see any of it, my friends queued up for the 2pm demo but didn't get in, I had to meet the other half at 2, so I didn't get the chance to see it.

I did see the SIM demo of the MICO 50. Have to admit I wasn't that blown away by it, the original HD demo WHF did a few years back was more impressive, however they didn't have the Paradigm Sub 2. SIM did. They had two of them! OMFG that was frickin' AWESOME! I was giggling like a schoolboy in sex ed during the Terminator Salvation scene. Massive, massive deep bass without a hint of distortion, boom, bloom, whatever you want to call it, seriously good. But then at 7 grand and 4,500W each you'd hope so...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
maxflinn:id like to know what people thought of the samsung 3d tvs , did anyone sample them ??

I wasn't even aware Samsung was there, I don't recall seeing them.

A

Anonymous

yes whfi have a 46in 3d sammy there , that uses the active shutter glasses , i think they have one at whfi towers too , review coming soon , should be interesting ...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
maxflinn:yes whfi have a 46in 3d sammy there , that uses the active shutter glasses , i think they have one at whfi towers too , review coming soon , should be interesting ...

Hmm, I understood WHF where using LG 3dTVs for the demo. I didn't see it anyway so I couldn't tell you.

A

Anonymous

there is a sammy there too , according to their show info , on the site homepage , the lg tvs have been seen already , they used them in the pubs showing the man utd game last month , they use the passive system , regular style 3d glasses , the samsungs use the shutter glasses , potentially better , and theres little info on the web as to how they rate , hence my interest ...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Yes, we have a 46in Samsung 3D TV on the outside wall of the demo room, which visitors can view using a pair of active 3D glasses, and inside the dem room is a pair of 47in LG 3D TVs using passive glasses.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
The closest I got to the demo was a brief chat with Mr Lucas whilst he changed the time of the first demo to 11:30 because the TVs had only turned up at five to ten...

I didn't introduce myself, he looked stressed out enough as it was.

gel

the_lhc:

EDIT: everything I said previously is wrong, Pioneer, just aren't making their 2010 announcements until later in the year, which is a shame. Still it means I can wait even longer before I upgrade the amp...

Did you buy anything?

Couple of bits, I've mentioned the cartridge elsewhere, other than that a 180g vinyl of Johnny Cash at San Quentin and a pack of 50 anti-static inner sleeves [JD] oooOOOoooo [/JD].

Was the 3D stuff any good?

Don't know, didn't see any of it, my friends queued up for the 2pm demo but didn't get in, I had to meet the other half at 2, so I didn't get the chance to see it.

I did see the SIM demo of the MICO 50. Have to admit I wasn't that blown away by it, the original HD demo WHF did a few years back was more impressive, however they didn't have the Paradigm Sub 2. SIM did. They had two of them! OMFG that was frickin' AWESOME! I was giggling like a schoolboy in sex ed during the Terminator Salvation scene. Massive, massive deep bass without a hint of distortion, boom, bloom, whatever you want to call it, seriously good. But then at 7 grand and 4,500W each you'd hope so...

Good stuff, thanks.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
the_lhc:
The closest I got to the demo was a brief chat with Mr Lucas whilst he changed the time of the first demo to 11:30 because the TVs had only turned up at five to ten...

I didn't introduce myself, he looked stressed out enough as it was.

That's a pity, the_lhc, it would've been nice to say hello - now I'm wracking my brains trying to remember who you were.

And I wasn't especially stressed, that's just my face (and demeanour).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts