Bristol Show

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Has anyone been? What did you see? Was it any good? Did you buy anything? Did you learn anything?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

JohnDuncan:gel:Did you learn anything? yes lots of exciting pioneer news...

Oh please share.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andy Clough:From where I'm sitting right now gel, it's packed. We'll be bringing you plenty more news on the site during the rest of today.

Excellent stuff.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

laserman16:

JohnDuncan:gel:Did you learn anything? yes lots of exciting pioneer news...

Talk about dangling carrots..........

emotion-1.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Pioneer seem to have quite a few offers and demos going on there so any news would be great.

Thankyou.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

There is, of course, the chance JD may have been winding you up, gel...

EDIT: But Naim UnitiServe - Oooo...

Mmmm. Hence the carrots remark.

Mind you JDs post seems to have had the desired effect....

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:
There is, of course, the chance JD may have been winding you up, gel...

EDIT: But Naim UnitiServe - Oooo...

A slim chance, perhaps.

Yes - chatted with a NaimNet man for a long time. Didn't understand a word of it, but it looks as cute as a whole bagful of buttons.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard: There is, of course, the chance JD may have been winding you up, gel...

A slim chance, perhaps.

The only thing I inferred from the Pioneer room is that they aren't going to be doing any more multi-channel gear. I'd put good money on the current line up being the last they come out with.

EDIT: And I lose, apparently...

As for what I saw, I went Friday and I saw Ms. Newsome's dress, after that I couldn't see anything, MY EYES, IT BUUURRNNNNNSSSSS!!!!

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:

JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard: There is, of course, the chance JD may have been winding you up, gel...

A slim chance, perhaps.

The only thing I inferred from the Pioneer room is that they aren't going to be doing any more multi-channel gear. I'd put good money on the current line up being the last they come out with.

As for what I saw, I went Friday and I saw Ms. Newsome's dress, after that I couldn't see anything, MY EYES, IT BUUURRNNNNNSSSSS!!!!

Very interesting post the_lhc so do you think pioneer are still in big trouble by your post then? No more multi-channel gear - what is that anyway?

Did you buy anything? Was the 3D stuff any good?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

id like to know what people thought of the samsung 3d tvs , did anyone sample them ??

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
EDIT: everything I said previously is wrong, Pioneer, just aren't making their 2010 announcements until later in the year, which is a shame. Still it means I can wait even longer before I upgrade the amp...

Did you buy anything?

Couple of bits, I've mentioned the cartridge elsewhere, other than that a 180g vinyl of Johnny Cash at San Quentin and a pack of 50 anti-static inner sleeves [JD] oooOOOoooo [/JD].

Was the 3D stuff any good?

Don't know, didn't see any of it, my friends queued up for the 2pm demo but didn't get in, I had to meet the other half at 2, so I didn't get the chance to see it.

I did see the SIM demo of the MICO 50. Have to admit I wasn't that blown away by it, the original HD demo WHF did a few years back was more impressive, however they didn't have the Paradigm Sub 2. SIM did. They had two of them! OMFG that was frickin' AWESOME! I was giggling like a schoolboy in sex ed during the Terminator Salvation scene. Massive, massive deep bass without a hint of distortion, boom, bloom, whatever you want to call it, seriously good. But then at 7 grand and 4,500W each you'd hope so...

A

Anonymous

yes whfi have a 46in 3d sammy there , that uses the active shutter glasses , i think they have one at whfi towers too , review coming soon , should be interesting ...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:yes whfi have a 46in 3d sammy there , that uses the active shutter glasses , i think they have one at whfi towers too , review coming soon , should be interesting ...

Hmm, I understood WHF where using LG 3dTVs for the demo. I didn't see it anyway so I couldn't tell you.

A

Anonymous

there is a sammy there too , according to their show info , on the site homepage , the lg tvs have been seen already , they used them in the pubs showing the man utd game last month , they use the passive system , regular style 3d glasses , the samsungs use the shutter glasses , potentially better , and theres little info on the web as to how they rate , hence my interest ...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, we have a 46in Samsung 3D TV on the outside wall of the demo room, which visitors can view using a pair of active 3D glasses, and inside the dem room is a pair of 47in LG 3D TVs using passive glasses.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The closest I got to the demo was a brief chat with Mr Lucas whilst he changed the time of the first demo to 11:30 because the TVs had only turned up at five to ten...

I didn't introduce myself, he looked stressed out enough as it was.

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:

EDIT: everything I said previously is wrong, Pioneer, just aren't making their 2010 announcements until later in the year, which is a shame. Still it means I can wait even longer before I upgrade the amp...

Did you buy anything?

Couple of bits, I've mentioned the cartridge elsewhere, other than that a 180g vinyl of Johnny Cash at San Quentin and a pack of 50 anti-static inner sleeves [JD] oooOOOoooo [/JD].

Was the 3D stuff any good?

Don't know, didn't see any of it, my friends queued up for the 2pm demo but didn't get in, I had to meet the other half at 2, so I didn't get the chance to see it.

I did see the SIM demo of the MICO 50. Have to admit I wasn't that blown away by it, the original HD demo WHF did a few years back was more impressive, however they didn't have the Paradigm Sub 2. SIM did. They had two of them! OMFG that was frickin' AWESOME! I was giggling like a schoolboy in sex ed during the Terminator Salvation scene. Massive, massive deep bass without a hint of distortion, boom, bloom, whatever you want to call it, seriously good. But then at 7 grand and 4,500W each you'd hope so...

Good stuff, thanks.
emotion-21.gif

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:
The closest I got to the demo was a brief chat with Mr Lucas whilst he changed the time of the first demo to 11:30 because the TVs had only turned up at five to ten...

I didn't introduce myself, he looked stressed out enough as it was.

That's a pity, the_lhc, it would've been nice to say hello - now I'm wracking my brains trying to remember who you were.

And I wasn't especially stressed, that's just my face (and demeanour).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts