Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2020: all the details and what to expect

DoctorSteve

Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
Odd you didn't mention What HiFi's presence.
What times do your demo's run?

"What Hi-Fi? is once again in the Bristol Suite, with an exclusive demo of a 2020 8K OLED TV and a 7.2-channel sound system. The demo will include LG’s latest 85in 8K TV, amplification by Denon and a Wharfedale surround sound package for the ultimate AV experience. You also have the opportunity to win a brilliant prize in the £10k Bristol Show competition, and meet the editorial team who can help solve your hi-fi and home cinema conundrums."

I’ll be working with Auden Distribution again this year in room 222 on the second floor. I’ve been seeing comments about the lack of AV, so we’ll be dipping our toe in that area this year. Apart from playing music via Amphion and Hegel, we’ll also have a TV and Bluray player in the room to play live music gigs on Bluray via the 2.0 system we’ll have on show, mainly to show how good an audio set up can be with visual material too. We’ll also play a few film clips to show that movies can be enjoyed without a full suite of loudspeakers cluttering up your living room.

It’ll be good to get people’s feedback about this system - if people like what we do this year, maybe we’ll delve deeper into home theatre next year...

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
So no rep from Qobuz to explain why their UK / European pricing strategy fleeces us?
Welcome to the world of streaming. No say over how much you pay, no guarantee that 'your library' won't diminish/alter due licence changes etc, plus be reliant on a (chargeable) internet connection to truly use the service. It's like complaining about putting petrol in the car, driving to Blockbusters and complaining that you don't like the price.

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
No mention of the Magnepan speakers? (They sounded really rather good for the price, despite the usual racket coming from adjacent rooms)

I also really liked the Hegel room. It was by far the most inviting room for people new to Hi-fi. Maybe not the best layout for sound (but again, the noise from other rooms makes thorough analysis difficult), but it was brightly lit, with 'normal' furniture for the equipment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts