Brennan JB7 - Separate Amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All.

I have a Brennan JB7 and have been using its onboard amp, with Roksan Kandy K2 speakers, and I'm pretty impressed. My question is whether I'm likely to get a noticeable improvement in quality if I use the Brennan through an external amp - an Arcam Alpha 8 amp for example.

Any thoughts/experiences appreciated.

Thx

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Interesting. I didn't know the unit has a pre-out.

If it has as you indicate, I'm sure you can better the result provided the pre-amp stage is of reasonable quality. There is no shortage of power amplifiers out there.

Perhaps I could ask you a question; Brennan rates the JB7 at 60w total. Is that into 30w/ch into 8ohm or 4ohm?

A

Anonymous

The unit has a line out and headphone out - both are 3.5mm mini phono connectors. I'm working under the assumption that if I use a decent quality 3.5mm-to-2-RCA lead from the headphone socket into the external amp, I won't suffer from loss of quality.

I don't know about the 8 ohm/4 ohm question I'm afraid.

Thx

A

Anonymous

hi tony,i have my jb7 connected to my linn system via the headphone out with the recomended cheap 3.5mm to 2 rca lead ,1.3 mt long it only cost 2.95 pounds plus delivery. sounds great to me but might try top quality lead sometime. recorded my cds at cd quality to the jb7 harddrive. only had the jb7 3 month and love it so easy to use, my kit linn mimik kolektor lk85 ,linn keilidh speakers bi wired. only down side is having to alter volume sometimes when changing from one cd to another,hardlly hard work tho. my question is should i be using a dac, or is the pre amp doing this??

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
roberto1234:

... recorded my cds at cd quality to the jb7 harddrive...

I'm probably wrong but wasn't lossless transfer impossible on this product?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts