Brand newbie to this! Recommendations please

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Between us (wife and 3 kids) we have an iPad3, LG G2, 2 x Samsung Galaxy 3s, 3 x Samsung tablets etc....Ihave a reasonable home cinema set up but now we really want to stream music through it from the previously mentioned devices. Not really an area I've ever looked in to but I now really want to explore it.

What's the best way to do it and how much will it cost???

Thanks in advance

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Noticed you have a NAS, is your music stored on this?

If you've heard of Sonos, I'd advise you to get their connect (not amp).

If your router is close to your AV amp it's simply a case of a wired connection from that to the Sonos then you have a choice of RCA, S/PDIF or optical.

If your router is in another part of the house you will need a bridge. This connects to the router then in turn sets up it's own WiFi which connects to the connect.

It takes a couple of minutes to set up.

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether it'll play music from your tablets, but I'm sure someone else will know about that.

Pick a track (Or sign up to spotify) and I'm guaranteed you'll be amazed at how it sounds, the interface is the best and to sum it up, it just works :grin:

BMFDrums

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Or have a look at something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310905451046?ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1554.l2649

Fraction of the cost, and allows you to play all your files from your NAS or send music to your AV Amp via Airplay

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts