Bowers & Wilkins Px8

jiminhno

Oct 18, 2022
Visit site
I do wish the reviews had some direct comparison with a similar priced headphone like the Focal Bathys, I have those headphones and I generally love them, for the super clear detailed sound, they sound fantastic with my Pixel 7 Pro, and varia connection to a Surface Pro 8 in USB DAC mode, with that said I've also recently bought these B&W PX8 and look forward to testing them out and doing a direct comparison, when I receive them, to me me personally I wouldn't compare these B&W to apple headphones Max or what ever they are called, as I would hope the overall sound character, build, is Miles better than what apple could produce, currently anyway.

jiminhno

Oct 18, 2022
Visit site
How do PX8s sound with iPhones which dont support Aptx Adaptive? What codecs are used when connecting wireless with iPhones?
I would say AAC from a iphone would be still quite good but to get the best out of these PX8 wirelessly you would need to use a Android smartphone that supports Aptx adaptive, plus music files that are of a higher quality

sportiv

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
I like to listen to a loud sound so that my ears can feel the explosion and excitement as much as possible. But what about their loud sound? Or is he as modest as in Sony?

jiminhno

Oct 18, 2022
Visit site
I'm using a Pixel 7 Pro for wireless usage with all my wireless headphones, they are connected with Aptx X with this Smartphone and sound phenomenal, Now from what I have read and watched on YouTube, the PX8 has a more exciting, expressive, engaging sound, that is particularly good with bass extension compared to the Focal Bathys, the Only little downside to the Focal Bathys I can add, is the lack of Bass when sometimes you expect that hit from certain music tracks, other than that the overall sound character is perfect on the Focal Bathys, they are super smooth, natural sounding, have a more reference sound to them, so for those folks after that type of sound this Focal Bathys headphone is the flagship, that we all have been waiting for, with that all said I haven't got my PX8 yet, so once I do, I'm super eager to test them, I'm expecting the bass hits on tracks, to be more impactful with the PX8s, only time will tell 👌

vectorious

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
Where did you get the version pictures with the bronzy finish on the metal? On B&W's own website it looks black, and I really like the look of the version you pictured

happy boy

Nov 14, 2022
Visit site
I do wish the reviews had some direct comparison with a similar priced headphone like the Focal Bathys, I have those headphones and I generally love them, for the super clear detailed sound, they sound fantastic with my Pixel 7 Pro, and varia connection to a Surface Pro 8 in USB DAC mode, with that said I've also recently bought these B&W PX8 and look forward to testing them out and doing a direct comparison, when I receive them, to me me personally I wouldn't compare these B&W to apple headphones Max or what ever they are called, as I would hope the overall sound character, build, is Miles better than what apple could produce, currently anyway.

Preview

I understand that the Bathys have a built in DAC, while the PX8 do not. I also have a Pixel 7 Pro and want to use a wired connection while at home. Would it be possible to use an external dongle type DAC, such as the Helm Audio Bolt, between the phone and PX8? That is my plan, but I am not sure if it will work. I am assuming that I can use the supplied 3.5mm jack to USB-C wire to connect the DAC to the PX8's, but I am not sure if the DAC will work with Bluetooth headsets in that manner.

Domain Rider

Apr 22, 2023
Visit site
You can use either an external DAC or a direct USB connection between phone and the PX8 if the Bluetooth sound isn't good enough. Cables are supplied for both.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts