Bowers & Wilkins CEO resigns, restructuring expert appointed

manicm

Charging a few thousand pounds for a wireless speaker system and then expecting the customer to still fork out a few hundred pounds annually for Roon to be able to operate it fully is just folly of the highest order. I love B&W speakers but this is outrageous.

Naim, Denon, Sonos etc supply great apps, so if B&W want to play in this game they better pull finger.

Reactions: Musicmann067

ExZep

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
Didn't happen soon enough, Eva destroyed some great people's careers. Hope the rest can rebuild and get the company back to where it should have been.

Steve B

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
I have been extremely pleased with my B & W speakers, zeppelin and headphones.However I would question the pricing of the formation range compared to others in the same market. Also the P7 headphones. Why make them so they can’t function without battery power even when wired. I always like to know I have a back up if there is a battery issue. I think some focus has been lost on being in tune with the majority of customers.

D

Deleted member 2457

Charging a few thousand pounds for a wireless speaker system and then expecting the customer to still fork out a few hundred pounds annually for Roon to be able to operate it fully is just folly of the highest order. I love B&W speakers but this is outrageous.

Naim, Denon, Sonos etc supply great apps, so if B&W want to play in this game they better pull finger.
The B&W Wireless Formation Speakers eg Soundbar, subwoofer and rear speakers doesn’t even do high definition soundtracks eg Master Audio and Dolby True HD - why would anyone buy that? No HDMI input to I think. Mind you B&W have always be slow when it comes to soundbar technology.

bristollinnet

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Bowers and Wilkins can rightly claim to have an impressive heritage, industry-leading research and a mix of cost-effective and aspirational speakers. These are the components that contribute to a legendary British brand, a stable workforce, and happy owners.

And then they totally mess up by following the crowd and diversifying into making headphones, active and wireless speakers, AV soundbars, car audio, etc. Little of this new stuff is class-leading despite their claims. They should focus on what they're really good at. If they don't, their brand (and business) will be irretrievably lost.

D

Deleted member 2457

I think B&W should build some more home cinema systems which their PV1 sub upgrade fits into. They used to have the FPM Series and the B&W XT speakers, 2 systems that were bought in bucket loads. Now they only have the B&W M1s which gets used with the PV1 upgrade. Theses systems were very good quality but also had a style aspect going for them, now when I look at their home cinema systems they are all pretty big, bulky and ugly.

detroitnvleft

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
So I will preface this by saying I would consider myself a somewhat audio novice. That being said, I have always been a fan of B&W speakers; I have had different models throughout the past 15 years or so (nothing on the high end of their offerings). With all of the changes going on, I am wondering if people here could make some recommendation on alternative options in the same quality range of B&W? Thank you in advance.

D

Deleted member 2457

So I will preface this by saying I would consider myself a somewhat audio novice. That being said, I have always been a fan of B&W speakers; I have had different models throughout the past 15 years or so (nothing on the high end of their offerings). With all of the changes going on, I am wondering if people here could make some recommendation on alternative options in the same quality range of B&W? Thank you in advance.
Which speakers do you have at present? B&W could easily start producing stylish speakers again to be honest there is not much wrong with them at present and a lot of customers prefer big boxes because they should produce better sound. They still review great, they have loads of new subs which look great! We are just pointing out slight niggles we have about them. B&W brand is still very strong nothing has gone down hill.

If you want to consider your options Monitor Audio do a vast range of speakers too, but if you like B&W I would keep with them just keep an eye on the situation by reading reviews and checking the forum regularly too, when you decide to purchase also try and demo first always.

D

Deleted member 2457

Business as usual for B&W:

The Wireless company has just become independent again.

D

Deleted member 2457

Looks like the wireless aspect has not done too well hence the changes which some of us have pointed out our niggles with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts