Bowers & Wilkins 805 D4

hybridauth_Facebook_628058243

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I have auditioned these. I currently own the 805 D3. The 805 D4 in my opinion are maybe 10-13% “better” is certain parts of their sonic characteristic. Better is subjective to what you’re looking for. If you are partial to bowers and you own the D2 or earlier. These can be a potentially huge upgrade. If you can still get the D3 at a lower price they to re a huge upgrade. Again subjectively speaking. Not a fan of the leather. Does concern me that the leather would go before the components. Wouldn’t want to have to condition the leather over time. One thing I’ve seen in multiple reviews is that they don’t work to their best at lower levels. Not good for night listening be it music or movies. For their asking price if you own the D3 series I don’t feel they are worth the upgrade. One last note it’s a shame they don’t make their stands more generationally compatible.

hybridauth_Facebook_628058243

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I have auditioned these. I currently own the 805 D3. The 805 D4 in my opinion are maybe 10-13% “better” is certain parts of their sonic characteristic. Better is subjective to what you’re looking for. If you are partial to bowers and you own the D2 or earlier. These can be a potentially huge upgrade. If you can still get the D3 at a lower price they to re a huge upgrade. Again subjectively speaking. Not a fan of the leather. Does concern me that the leather would go before the components. Wouldn’t want to have to condition the leather over time. One thing I’ve seen in multiple reviews is that they don’t work to their best at lower levels. Not good for night listening be it music or movies. For their asking price if you own the D3 series I don’t feel they are worth the upgrade. One last note it’s a shame they don’t make their stands more generationally compatible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts