• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Bowers & Wilkins 606 S2 Anniversary Edition

doifeellucky

Feb 3, 2016
"prove significantly more capable than their predecessors"

"but this new version is obviously better across the board"

Yet again, based on review comments like this, anything from three or four generations ago must have been mediocre at best. The awards must be just around the corner.

Reactions: Mr. C Nation

manicm

May 1, 2008
"prove significantly more capable than their predecessors"

"but this new version is obviously better across the board"

Yet again, based on review comments like this, anything from three or four generations ago must have been mediocre at best. The awards must be just around the corner.
Human memory is a very deceiving thing. You may remember how a Ferrari or other car was brilliant 20 years ago, but drive it now against latest models and suddenly the senses are dulled.

It's called progress. In the hifi world it's only some CD players that I suspect will give modern ones a run,

Audiophobe

Sep 11, 2020
You bought your celebrated 5-star speakers two months ago and all of a sudden they sound bloated and blurred. An anniversary is necessary to make a minor engineering change to make essentially the same speakers really sound good... How should you feel about this?

manicm

May 1, 2008
You bought your celebrated 5-star speakers two months ago and all of a sudden they sound bloated and blurred. An anniversary is necessary to make a minor engineering change to make essentially the same speakers really sound good... How should you feel about this?
WHF were of-course being relative. If one heard the originals for the first time, I don’t think you would notice or complain.

Manufacturers however are entitled to update at their will. Also the updated model is 50 quid more expensive, and would not warrant an upgrade from the original. The money saved would buy me a nice pile of CDs.

Audiophobe

Sep 11, 2020
WHF were of-course being relative. If one heard the originals for the first time, I don’t think you would notice or complain.

Manufacturers however are entitled to update at their will. Also the updated model is 50 quid more expensive, and would not warrant an upgrade from the original. The money saved would buy me a nice pile of CDs.
You are absolutely right of course ;) I’m happy with the improvement in sound (and ‘compactness’) over my former second-hand 30 year old B&W’s. I will get over just missing out on the ‘606 as they should have been’ (when they would have celebrated the 27th anniversary it would have been better ;). A pile of cd’s of some vinyl... that’s a good idea!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS