bowers and wilkins 684???!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
good evening, 2 weeks ago I listen the bowers and wilkins 684 speakers,i was impressed,the sound of this bowers and wilkins are not the best!!!

someone has listened this speakers??

im not impressing whith the quality of sound!!!

for the price this B&W aren´t the best!!!
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Well put, fr0g.

I hate to gang up on a fellow forum member, but Bose Lover's first post should sum up his stance on *ahem* Hi Fi:

" I have listen many bose systems and i like the sound!!! for me bose is one of the best manufactures of audio products!!!"

Hmmmm...yeah....sure.

A

Anonymous

What news of your auditions brock??!?

Also.. talk about picking the wrong manufacturer to poke at. Bowers has (to my mind) one of the best names in speakers today. They're arguably the most versatile manufacturer, ie. sound good on such a wide array of kit. And they manufacture an extremely wide range of speakers starting at entry level and ending in the eccentric strata with many high-quality models in-between.

And I think the mettlesome 684 is a darling for the money. Just for the record.

A

Anonymous

Didn't have time to audition the Rega R5 & Neat Motive 2 with the Naim today,,,hopefully this weekend. I'll update the original thread as soon as I hear them.

Can't wait to hear the B&W 683, too!

A

Anonymous

i prefer the bowers and wilkins 685 than the 684!!!!

the bowers and wilkins 685 are very good, but the 684 no!!!

ps: bowers and wilkins are not better than bose 901!!!

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="bose lover"]

ps: bowers and wilkins are not better than bose 901!!!
[/quote]

Errr.....do you mean that these particular B&W speakers in question are not better than the Bose ones of which you make reference?? I have not actually heard any of them, but if I were to make a wild stab in the dark, I would put a large wodge of cash on a B&W speaker of comparible price to a bose speaker, out performing it with relative ease.

Ask any hifi lover what speakers they lust after.....or think about when the conversation turns to a large lottery win, and i doubt very much that Bose would spring to mind. Those B&W (801 I think??) beheamoths that they use at Abbey road....MMmmmmmm now those are a set of speakers!

I cant believe that you are asserting that the bose 901s are better than anything B&W have made?? Or am I mistaken?

A

Anonymous

Hmm, I think that bose lover has lost all credibility on this forum by the name alone apart from the wildly silly statement, seems to stem from an standpoint of ignorance.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bluetorric"]

Hmm, I think that bose lover has lost all credibility on this forum by the name alone apart from the wildly silly statement, seems to stem from an standpoint of ignorance.

[/quote]

first of all im not ignorant, and what the problem about i like bose?

A

Anonymous

I don't see the problem with it myself, he is not English, and just expressing his feeling on what HE heard and thought, it's no big deal.

A

Anonymous

I agree... 684 sound was not impressive. It was like the speakers were put under a blanket. I liked the 683 though... but finally i settled with Dali Ikon 6. I am happy with dali ... great sound.

I had high regards fro B & W till i heard 684.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gpi"]Strange post. What has not being English got to do with it?[/quote]

Sometimes trying to express yourself in another language means your choice of words might not be your exact feelings., as everyone seems to have taken a bit of offense to it, I find it a perfectly legitimate post and nothing strange about it, he prefers Bose to B&W, so what.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
OK, it was the way you phrased it. Almost like him not being English was the reason for liking B... Bo.... (sorry can't type it) over B&W. ;o)

A

Anonymous

The Bose 901s are over £1500!! I cannot believe for a second that there isn't something better out there for the money... and they are sooooo ugly, look like something you would see at a Church Hall disco.... "Aaaaa-ga-do do do, push pineapple shake the tree....."

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tom83cat"]and they are sooooo ugly, look like something you would see at a Church Hall disco....
"Aaaaa-ga-do do do, push pineapple shake the tree....."
[/quote]

LOL! You wouldn't believe how much that made me laugh!!! Thumbs way, way up!

A

Anonymous

It's funny cos it's true.... I just says it as I sees it. What's even funnier is that Bose Lover is starting other popular threads on this forum including the princess Diana enquiry on the off topics page..... that is about as off as it gets!!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tom83cat"]It's funny cos it's true.... I just says it as I sees it.

What's even funnier is that Bose Lover is starting other popular threads on this forum including the princess Diana enquiry on the off topics page..... that is about as off as it gets!![/quote]

good evening, what the problem of the post of Princess DIANA?

A

Anonymous

I guess it is just that it is a bit too off topic..... as i feel this thread is going..... and I think the good Princess Diana should be allowed to rest in peace now that it finally seems there is a bit of closure without someone trying to create yet another scandal out of the decision of the inquest, which should be final.

A

Anonymous

I own a pair of 684's, and personally i find them absolutely fabulous. This whole thread clearly demonstrates that everyone has their own taste when it comes to the sound reproduction of their favourite music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts