Bought myself a Pure Evoke-1S Marshall last week.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Very impressed so far. My Pure ONE classic is in permanent residence at my Wife's work, so I can't do a direct A/B comparison, but from memory, the Evoke does sound fuller. Although, at £120 versus the ONE Classic's £50, you'd expect nothing less.

Of course, the looks are the selling point and on this score i can't find fault. The display is a big step up and it seems to have all the connections on the back that I require. I've since ordered a Chargepak for it and I've also picked up an Atlas mini-jack-to-rca cable to allow me to run it through my non-tuner equipped Hi-Fi. It'll live in the Kitchen for the most part, having a clock in the kitchen for the first time is handy. It's even got an 'egg timer' feature!

I thought it might have come with a remote control though. The Pure Chronos 2 alarm/DAB/CD I have came with one, so why can't the Evoke-1S?

After missing out last time in it's Evoke-1XT guise, I wasn't gonna take any chances. I believe that HMVs exclusivity deal ends soon, so it might start turning up for less than £120 too.... Which would be nice.

John Duncan

Yay, my blog worked!

I take it this is not you:

180080561bli.jpg

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I've found an annoying flaw. The 'stereo out' minijack does not mute the internal speaker, and it's variable too! Surely it's not too much to think that the 'Stereo Out' will be used to connect to a stereo amplifier?

It's very annoying when connecting to my amp as I've got to have the Marshall's speaker blaring out too! I can't even turn it down due to that damned variable output!

Please Pure, there's already a variable out for the headphones (which is what I'm currently having to use). Can you alter the 'Stereo Out' to mute the speaker and make it fixed volume please?

The only fly in the ointment in what is an altogether excellent radio.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:
I've found an annoying flaw. The 'stereo out' minijack does not mute the internal speaker, and it's variable too! Surely it's not too much to think that the 'Stereo Out' will be used to connect to a stereo amplifier?

It's very annoying when connecting to my amp as I've got to have the Marshall's speaker blaring out too! I can't even turn it down due to that damned variable output!

Please Pure, there's already a variable out for the headphones (which is what I'm currently having to use). Can you alter the 'Stereo Out' to mute the speaker and make it fixed volume please?

What a bummer!

I've just come off the Argos website to check local stock availability as I was going out to buy the Evoke 1-S for just this purpose. Good job I had a nosey in here! How totally disappointing, though.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Sizzers:Big Chris:

What a bummer! I've just come off the Argos website to check local stock availability as I was going out to buy the Evoke 1-S for just this purpose. Good job I had a nosey in here! How totally disappointing, though.

I wouldn't let it put you off, as you can do what I do and use the headphone out (just don't forget you've ramped up the volume when you unplug it!)

I just don't know why they bothered to fit this stereo out at all, it's totally redundant.
emotion-18.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Sizzers:Hey, Chris! Just dug this up from PURE's site HERE!! Problem solved mate (please say your Marshall version has got a mute function too!!)

I've not found any mute function. I'll double check the manual.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm. Bit of a ball*** up set-up if you ask me now I've tried it out (I've ended up playing it through "Headphone", don't ask! lol).

I've not always been a great radio listener if truth be told, but in saying that I have still missed the radio since parting with my DM37 several months ago. Well this little portable playing through the hifi is just, well.....AMAZING!!! Listening to "Planet Rock" right now and it just ROCKS! Bargain, and portable too!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts