Bose Wave Vs. B&W Zeppelin

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just sold my Bose Wave music system with Ipod Dock connect kit and using the money to get the B&W Zeppelin, which should be with me today.

Has anyone compared the Bose Wave against the B&W Zeppelin? My colleague states that Bose have sat them both side by side and say that the B&W is no match for the Bose when they demonstrate demo's at their shows?!

Are they right or wrong? Have i made a mistake selling the Bose?

M

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
zeplins sounds great, and would take some beating.not heard the bose wave. only heard the bose entry level dock which was ok no where near as good as the zeplin

A

Anonymous

I own a Bose wave CD player, and it is very good. Have tried the Zeppelin two-three times at John Lewis, but cant comment whcih one will be better of the two!!

A

Anonymous

landzw:

Let us know your thoughts panasonic

Sorry for the late reply, got busy at work earlier :(

Right here goes....

The Zeppelin is an awesome piece of kit, very stylish, great build quality and it's a big unit too, which shows the quality as it houses quite a few speakers... as for the sound... brilliant! it's a very deep and detailed listening to any kind of music and agree with What Hi-Fi and all of you that it would take some beating on the dock speaker department. The only slight difference with the Zeppelin over the Bose Wave is that the Bose bass sounds very natural where as the Zeppelin has the bass sound quality of a subwoofer, if that makes sense? The way that the Wave works is that inside the unit is a tunnel structure which creates a deep bass without trying to force it out of a speaker naturally. Where as the Zeppelin it has a subwoofer speaker creating the bass like a good speaker system would naturally do. It's no negative at all, just two different sounds of bass from the Bose and the B&W.

As for the overall winner.... it has to be the B&W Zeppelin, great looks, great sound and awesome power!

A

Anonymous

rymidd:zeplins sounds great, and would take some beating.not heard the bose wave. only heard the bose entry level dock which was ok no where near as good as the zeplin

The Wave is no doubt a clever bit of kit from Bose, very compact and quite powerful which is weird comparing the size of it against the Zeppelin but both are great. I did own one of those entry level sound docks from Bose and it was ok but the Wave was much better.

The Zeppelin does win it for me as i plainly wanted a dock speaker system as i don't use cd's anymore aswell as the radio, hence selling the Bose.

A

Anonymous

bigboss:B&W Zeppelin is the best ipod dock available in the market today. And Bose Wave system is renowned to be one of the best systems at that size.......a comparison will be very interesting!

bigboss it was overall worth the upgrade to the B&W but i have to say in defence of the Bose Wave that it is a brilliant sounding piece of kit and like you said it is renowned for being that. The sound is very natural on the Wave where as the Zeppelin pushes forward on the boundary to get more edge on the sound and a bit more top end too. The Wave at a certain volume sounds awesome but if you wanted to fill a room with sound and pushed the volume further, the dynamics slightly went missing as the vocal took over, which i dont get this with the Zeppelin, im glad i purchased one ;)

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:I think I'd rather have some MM-1s...

I hear good things about these speakers but did not know if they were better than the Zeppelin and if they were powerfull too?

But.. im a bit of a show off, so the Zeppelin won on the looks department and does spark some attention from my friends too.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I was in superfi in Lincoln on sat and i tried both B&W zeplin systems out and epoz mini , which i have to say i was so impressed with them all .

The mini Zeplin gives a great sound but the bigger brother adds better bass with a sounds stage you would expect from speakers 3m apart .

But take the epoz mini and considering both speakers were together , the weight , shear power and the bass didn't feel like it was losing it when pushed @ £300 at the moment i would love to hear these speakers on stands and a few meters apart i bet they are awesome

I did pop into curry's and listen to the Bose sound dock 2 and that sounds sweat but without being able to compare it to the other 3 i listened to

To be honest if i was going to buy one right now i wouldn't know what to buy , At christmas i'm planning to buy the wife one so i have time to think

A

Anonymous

I did demo a few docks at the Apple shop at Xmas in the end I bought the Zeppelin for its great sound stage, bass and of course it looks the dogs danglers IMHO

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts