Boosting Analogue setup with Maxview mast head powered amp - Can you?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Re Maxview PUH111 / PSM114V
Hi there -I have just bought and fitted the above kit in an attempt to improve the signal recieved by my analogue satellite reciever - which I use soley to watch the european Eurosprt channel.

However, when switched on, the signal completely dissapears?

Wondered - have I installed it wrongly? (which I dont think -or is this kit not designed towork with an analogue setup?

Advice appreciated - many thanks

A

Anonymous

Dave - that would explain it then..thanks for that..

Wondered - can you buy anything that will help?

daveh75

You can buy in-line amps for satellite set up's but they're really meant to compensate for losses due to long cable runs etc, and not as a cure for poor signal.

LIKE THESE, for example!

What is the set up your running exactly.Is it a fixed dish single lnb,fixed dish multi-lnb or motorized set up, what size dish is it, what satellite/s are you trying to receive/having trouble with etc.

A

Anonymous

thanks - my setup is as follows.

Pace MSSS100 receiver.

15m cable run - using CT100 (or similar) I think.

Dish is oval and 60 x 75cm

Lnb is Universal type Invacom SNH - 031

I live in Eastbourne on the south coast - I'm trying to receive Internatioanl Eurosport on Astra 19e, I think in English.

The picture quality is ok - but could be better. It has intermittent short horizontal lines breaking up the picture - and is no near as good as the picture I recieve from my digital / sky setup?

Do you think the amps you suggest would help? - is there any particular make/model you'd suggest I'd try?

daveh75

I'd be inclined to check your dish alignment/LNB skew etc, before anything else, it only needs to be marginally out to get a drop in signal. Astra 19.2e is quite powerful and your dish is of adequate size and cable run is relatively short so you shouldn't really be getting signal problems if properly aligned.

A

Anonymous

thanks for that - I'll try adjusting as you suggest - cheers

A

Anonymous

gbrunsdon:Re Maxview PUH111 / PSM114V
Hi there -I have just bought and fitted the above kit in an attempt to improve the signal recieved by my analogue satellite reciever - which I use soley to watch the european Eurosprt channel.

However, when switched on, the signal completely dissapears?

Wondered - have I installed it wrongly? (which I dont think -or is this kit not designed towork with an analogue setup?

Advice appreciated - many thanks

The LNB on the dish is supplied with DC power from the receiver which the amplifier removes, resulting in no signal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts