• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Boomy bass from NAD amp

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Hello!

My current setup consists of: Squeezebox (FLAC) to Beresford DAC, Chord cobra 3 interconnect from DAC to NAD C352CT amp (with Tara Labs replacement jumpers), gale symphony 400 speaker cable to a pair of MS 902i's.

Basically the treble/higher mids are really sweet and nice, but the lower mids/bass can get a bit muddy and boomy and drown things out a bit. Its not speaker position cos i've played loads with the positioning. I know the NAD amp is know for its bass but at the moment its unfocused and a bit boomy compared to everything else! I've tried a CA 540A amp - with less bass but FAR too harsh in the treble!

So, I guess I'm looking at a new pair of speakers right?! What d'ya reckon?? Are these speakers not doing everything else justice??

Thanks loads, Matt!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Well, I think you know what the problem is. Just listen to a few speakers. Plenty choice and funds provided, start with Epos. The dealer can advise you on some speaker cable too but I'm not familiar with Gale.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts