Bookshelf speakers

Attila

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Please help me to decide. I have a NAD 3020A amp and i want to buy a pair of bookshelf speakers. The place where i install them is a small room (3.5 metre x 2.8 metre). I must to choose between Tannoy Mercury V1 and Monitor Audio MR2. Which would be better? I have seen the Monitor Audio BX2, but is a little bit too expensive for me, about 70% more expensive than the MR2. I don't know why?

Sorry for my bad english, thanks in advance.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Attila said:
I have seen the Monitor Audio BX2, but is a little bit too expensive for me, about 70% more expensive than the MR2. I don't know why?

The MR range caters for markets that are much more price conscious (in certain parts of the world). The Bronze range use driver technology that has filtered down from the Silver RS range, and will be more expensive for a reason.

Both of the speakers you mention will do the job you require, but in the end it is down to which one you like the sound of that is more important than anyone else's opinion.

matthewpiano

I agree with Tibor. I'm not a big fan of the BX2s, technically good though they are. Wharfedales make more involving music. Even better, IMO, is Dali - my favourite speaker maker by a comfortable margin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts