Bookshelf Speakers to go with Naim Uniti 2 or UnitiLite

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm about to audition these two all in one systems but would like some advice/ recommendations on bookshelf speakers that people use. Budget is £1000, speakers will be wall mounted, in largish room (4x5x3m room) and I mainly listen to rock.

Oh and any real difference between these two worthy of the extra £1k?

Many thanks,

Allan

John Duncan

My Uniti (v1) sounded fabulous with PMC DB1i. Haven't heard them on the wall, but they have M6 bolts built in to the back and dedicated wall mounts.

I haven't heard the Lite but would guess at 50 watts it's somewat like my orignal Uniti, which ad the same rating, so you'd probably be fine with that. Worth hearing at home though.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I think you need to demo for yourself. Several people have suggested that even the Lite may struggle with high volumes in larger rooms, depending on the speakers. If you really like rock, you might like it loud too on occasion ;)

The DB1i's are a good suggestion tho, one of my faves.

John Duncan

I'd add that the PMCs have sounded good with Qute, Uniti and SuperUniti, each model just giving a bit more scale, so it will be dependent on your room. Mine is about 14x14ft and I don't tend to listen too loud, but YMMV.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
And I would add that my DB1i's are wall mounted on the dedicated brackets, they work fine as rear channels in my surround setup, but you only really start to hear what they are capable of when they get a bit further from the wall than the brackets allow. I wouldnt wall mount them if they were my hifi speakers, unless I had no other option.

They still sound great tho, they just can sound better, if that makes sense.

A

Anonymous

So I auditioned the Naim Uniti2 with Dynadio DM2/6 speakers last night. First time I'd listened to a Naim product and the tight bass and 'romp' along style made Muse's Butterflies & Hurricanes oustanding. The control between the loud and quiet sections was great and the soundstage was perfect. It was certainly different to the Cyrus 6a I listened to a few weeks ago. Moving on to a quiter piece 10,000 Maniacs Noah's Dove (MTV Unplugged) was phenomenal. Natalie Merchant's singing sounded like she was there in the room with me and the cohesion between instruments was great. I could pick out every instrument and where it was positioned. I think naim have another sale...:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts