Bookshelf Speakers ~£300

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Can someone please suggest a good pair of bookshelf speakers that sells for around £300 per speaker or £600 for the pair.. I will be primarily listening to 320kbps MP3s and FLAC files from a digital source via an Onkyo TX-SR605 amp covering Jazz, Classical and Electronic music so want a good mix between clear highs and punchy lows. My friend has B&W 602s from a few years ago and I love the way they sound. So far I have been looking at the 685s and also entertained the Klipsch RB 81s but am still doing my research. I have a read quite a few magazine reviews but there seems to be as many opinions as there are choices which keep pushing me back towards the 685s and so I'm hoping honest user reviews can stir me in a more appropriate direction.

Thanks

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Personally don't think you can go wrong with the 685s. (I hope you can't anyway, because mine arrived yesterday - loving them so far).

Listened to price-appropriate comparitives by KEF and Monitor Audio; the B&Ws were the best to my ears.

A

Anonymous

i like mine... ferguson hill FH007&FH008 (http://www.fergusonhill.co.uk/products.php)... really good for jazz...

they've got really good customer service and will let you try one their systems in shop with your amp/set-up

plus if u get an open box set - drives the price down to your lower budget :)

philhm said:
Hi,

Can someone please suggest a good pair of bookshelf speakers that sells for around £300 per speaker or £600 for the pair.. I will be primarily listening to 320kbps MP3s and FLAC files from a digital source via an Onkyo TX-SR605 amp covering Jazz, Classical and Electronic music so want a good mix between clear highs and punchy lows. My friend has B&W 602s from a few years ago and I love the way they sound. So far I have been looking at the 685s and also entertained the Klipsch RB 81s but am still doing my research. I have a read quite a few magazine reviews but there seems to be as many opinions as there are choices which keep pushing me back towards the 685s and so I'm hoping honest user reviews can stir me in a more appropriate direction.

Thanks

Try and track down a pair of Usher S-520. They retail around £350 and sound fabulous for the money. Go up the scale a little and Epos M12is should sound cracking.

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
after all my research for my set up.

At that price I'd be looking at some of the XTZ speakers - pretty unrivalled at that proce point by all accounts. Just check out the website and the various reviews on the web to see just how well regarded they are.

manufacturer website: http://www.xtz.se/uk/products/speakers/overview-speakers

They offer a try before you buy servise :)

or uk retailer: http://www.audiosanctum.co.uk/Standmount-Loudspeakers.html

just my tuppence worth.

A

Anonymous

The latest little Spendors are fantastic, can,t remember what they are called but i heard them about a month ago on the end of a cheap Rega tt and cheap Yamaha amp, total cost about £1200. But to me it sounded like £4000 worth of kit
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts