bookshelf confusion

alializadeh

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
hi

i'm planning to replace my 2 b&w m1's paired to pm6004 offcourse. they are warm, detailed, but much punchy as i want to.

i'm looking to alternatives that have the same sound quality, detailed, accurate, and a bit warm. i'm new in hifi so i don't know if my assumption about the m1 is right.

so, in a nut shelf: what are the better options for me?

kef iq30

kef q100

bx2

dali zensor 1 or lektor 1

wharfedale 10.1 or 10.2

or what do you guys suggest in these price range?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
alializadeh said:
hi

i'm planning to replace my 2 b&w m1's paired to pm6004 offcourse. they are warm, detailed, but much punchy as i want to.

i'm looking to alternatives that have the same sound quality, detailed, accurate, and a bit warm. i'm new in hifi so i don't know if my assumption about the m1 is right.

so, in a nut shelf: what are the better options for me?

kef iq30

kef q100

bx2

dali zensor 1 or lektor 1

wharfedale 10.1 or 10.2

or what do you guys suggest in these price range?

Epos Epic 1 or 2, very warm sounding!

:cheers:

Terminology aside they are either detailed and accurate or not. I don't feel they can be that and 'warm'.

Can you actually audition any of those in your list or would you be buying blind?

FYI I would not call any of the smaller KEF's warm.

Have you a budget? You do not say what part of the world you are in or what those speakers in your list retail for.

alializadeh

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
sorry for the missing information

i'm from belgium, and my budget is around 400 euros. here there a few hifi shops, but they only deal 1 or 2 brands, unfortunatly. most of the time: b&w and some kefs. so it's very hard to audition.

i want something for divers music, from iron maiden to bach for instence. and something with some build quality, i know there are 1000 sorts and models of speakers, but i wanted some solid choices that narrow my quest :p

i hope i informed you a bit more,

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
KEF IQ series are not warm speakers!!!!!

Try Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 , 122 or Dali Lektor 2.

Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo V 1, Monitor Audio BX 2 are great speakers for rock, but not warm and not bright speakers, I can say they are neutral sounding

Diamond 10.1 and Lektor 1 have not enough bass for Iron Maiden, this is sure.

TRENDING THREADS