blurays that dont work on sony 360 blu ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i rented crank 2 from blockbuster on bluray and it would not load properly even when disabling the internet part.

just display in a small box on the left hand side of the screen.

the player is new and connected via ethernet and has the lastest firmware every other bluray works aprt from this.

Anybody had problems with this disc and any others i should avoid with my player.

cheers

guys

A

Anonymous

I don`t believe it! ..................... only yesterday did I buy the s360 here in Ireland and rented crank2 from Xtravision last night...... and guess what........ exactly the same problem!!!! . The message " checking for updates " flashes , then the loading screen : but it freezes at the point where the little red boxes appear. After that I can hear the audio of the top menu , but the image is stuck on the loading screen......

Tried the disc in the ps3 and it loaded without any problems at all....... VERY FRUSTRATING , as I got this player to take over movie duties from my ps3 . Also tried other java heavy discs such as Spiderman , Pirates ( all 3 movies ) , Ironman and others and they loaded on the s360 and played fine. I hope it`s only this disc and not a sign that this player was rushed to market......

Personally I do not wish to avoid discs that won`t play : I expect to be able to watch all new movies on a new player. I intend to exchange the player as soon as I have the chance ( for the same model )

Anyone from the WHF team heard anythinf about compatibility issues with this machine???

Cheers

A

Anonymous

To be honest it no loss, 'Crank 2' is a rubbish film even by standards of the original 'Crank', which is pretty dreadful.........

A

Anonymous

Ok , just home from work and tried to play this movie again , but this time attached usb key for local storage.

This time the player downloaded updates , and after about 30 seconds or so the title screen appeared....... and hey presto! lights , camera ,action , no problems playing.

Kind of odd though........ I wasn`t expecting the player to require internet access to play this movie ( if that IS the case ). Makes me wonder about future releases , not to mention what information the movie studios can gather about your movie viewing...... targeted advertising perhaps??.... Big Brother is watching you watching them!!

Anyway for now I don`t have to return the player , as it seems it`s the disc and not it that caused the glitch.

A

Anonymous

Thanks irishav,

Your a genius, i guess i need to get a usb stick , what one do you use as the space is not that big on the back of the s360.

Thanks

Rit

DFW

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem with Crank 2, remedied with a cheap 4GB USB stick from Morrisons tested fine today. Did anyone have a problem with Bronson on BD? I couldn't that one to play in my sony 350.

Cheers

Daz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts