BluRay settings for Audio out

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I keep confusing myself on this one - with a Pioneer LX-70a on the audio out options is it best to output all as PCM to my amp via HDMI or to output as DD, DTS etc.

Any advice welcomed.

Cheers.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Assuming your amp can decode all the HD formats, generally, it seems to be considered better to output as bitstream and let the amp decode, though in theory, there's not really any reason why one should be better than the other.

Personally, I set to bitstream just because this lights the amp up and I know exactly which format the sound is in. I'm strange in that I like to know that sort of info
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

professorhat:

Assuming your amp can decode all the HD formats, generally, it seems to be considered better to output as bitstream and let the amp decode, though in theory, there's not really any reason why one should be better than the other.

Personally, I set to bitstream just because this lights the amp up and I know exactly which format the sound is in. I'm strange in that I like to know that sort of info
emotion-15.gif

+1

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the replies guys (sorry for the delay - have been away for work)

Cheers,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts