Bluetooth HiFi/speakers recommendation (not single speaker)

Faiakes

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have an Android bluetooth 4.0 device on which I watch video and I want to get more substantial sound than what a single bluetooth speaker can provide.

I have figured out that any purchase needs to support Bluetooth v3.0 (preferaby v4) with A2DP and the Apt-X codec as a minimum. Apt-X.com lists such devices.

I have spent hours looking into this but I would also like some advice. The possible candidates must offer better sound than a Cambridge Audio Minx Go or a Bose SoulndLink Mini:

SPEAKERS

Blue Aura x30 @ £289 - Bluetooth v4.0 with Apt-X

Creative T4 @ £213 - Bluetooth v3.0 with Apt-X

NuForce S3-BT @ £250 - Bluetooth v4.0 with Apt-X - Review 1 - Review 2 - Review 3

Pioneer XW-BTS5 @ 181 -

Ruark Audio MR1 @ £270 - Bluetooth v3.0 with Apt-X (confirmed by Ruark Audio) - Review 1

Q Acoustics Q-BT3 @ £350 - Bluetooth v4.0 with Apt-X - Review 1 (What HiFi) -

SYSTEMS

Panasonic SC-PMX7DBEBS - Bluetooth v3.0 No Apt-X
smiley-frown.gif
(confirmed by Panasonic)

Panasonic SC-PMX9DBEBS - Bluetooth v3.0 No Apt-X
smiley-frown.gif
(confirmed by Panasonic)

Pioneer X-HM51DAB-K

Philips BTM5000/12

Sharp XLHF202PHBK

Sharp XLHF302PHT

Sony CMT SBT 100B @ £200 - Bluetooth v3.0 + AAC but no Apt-X
smiley-frown.gif
(confirmed by Sony)

John Duncan

Is this to improve the sound of video? Because you are going to need to worry about Bluetooth latency, otherwise the sound will be out of sync with the video...

EDIT - tbf AptX claims very low latency (sub ~50ms) but I'd want to try my device with any proposed solution before committing...

Faiakes

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
@matthewpiano, @CarlDW

Nice find, thanks.

@John Duncan

To improve the audio. Hmmm, didn't think of that, though I haven't seen any comments regarding this issue.

Faiakes

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
@tino

Thanks for the reply.

However, it is more like a soundbar, while I'm looking for separate speakers, so that I can have a better stereo experience.

GS

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
I have just got a Crystal Acoustics BluDAC which I am using with a pair of Epoz Mini Active speakers and am really pleased with the sound.

It is a combined Apt-x receiver and DAC that would give you the option of choosing any active speaker or system that doesn't have (high quality) bluetooth included

I see the Epoz Mini + speakers now come with a supplied Bluetooth adaptor that fits in the ipod doc. However it looks very much like a couple of cheap adaptors I tried before the BluDAC which were a big step down in performance (one claimed to be Apt-X but was actually worse than the A2DP version)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Acoustics-Blu-DAC-UK-Bluetooth-wirelessly/dp/B00D2WIM6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389368255&sr=8-1&keywords=crystal+acoustics+blu-dac-uk

catonas

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I am looking forward buying a pair of desktop speakers with as much as possible hi-fi stereo sound, since i am not very fond of the analytical sound of active monitors. That's why i am between Ruark Audio MR1and Q Acoustics Q-BT3. But because it is difficult for a Greek resident to demo those speakers i would like to know if anyone has heard them both and if the price difference is justified since i am able to get Ruark for about 100 pounds less than Q acoustics. Thank you in advance.

Faiakes

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Is this to improve the sound of video? Because you are going to need to worry about Bluetooth latency, otherwise the sound will be out of sync with the video...

EDIT - tbf AptX claims very low latency (sub ~50ms) but I'd want to try my device with any proposed solution before committing...
That's excellent advice John

This being 2016, I'm surprised the Accoustics BT-3 did not win any WHAT-HiFi awards.

TRENDING THREADS