Bluesound Powernode2

ReneTS

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone listened to this one yet? I cant decide between this, or just a Node with seperate power amp. So is the amplifier of good quality, and can it be compared to any other power amp?

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi René,

I haven't heard the Powernode 2 yet, but I do know it includes very respectable amplification: Hypex UcD, as used in the NAD 3020D, but 60 instead of 30 Wpc into 8 Ohm. It'll drive about every speaker on the market!

Actually, when reading your former thread about amplification for a Node2, it was what crossed my mind: d'oh, he should've bought a Powernode2 instead!

So yes, I wholeheartedly recommend it. As a matter of fact, I'll get some myself soon!

ReneTS

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your input. I am indeed leaning towards a Powernode, but hasnt ruled out going for seperates yet. I can get a used Nuforce STA-100, for about the same price as the extra cost of a powernode. But do you know how the D class amp in that one compares to the powernode?

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, no. Never heard a Nuforce amp, and I'm not aware which class D concept it uses.

IME class D has markedly matured over the last couple of years, so personally, I'd go for the newer device. That's nothing but gut feeling though. Hopefully anyone with experience of these amps chips in...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts