Blueray burning

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Is there such a thing as a bluray burner yet ?.......Just a thought as we all can burn dvd's and after reading the whfi review of the Sony BDP S350 i see that it plays burnt dvd's but no mention yet of playing burnt blueray disc's....I saw a computer recently with a blue ray burner and assumed a 'special' blueray disc would be required to burn onto..

A

Anonymous

There sure are blueray burners and disks

http://svp.co.uk/category/blu_minus_ray_media_and_writers

lee37

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
the s350 does support bd-r as do most players including the ps3.

there is a program that can rip the br disc to your hard drive remover protection etc and you can write it to a bd-r disc just like with dvds.

however the blank bd-r are £7 and only hold 23.098 GB which only about 20 films fit on and with about another 10 that will fit on if you rip out the main movie.

the bd-r DL hold around 44 GB and will back up every movie available but they cost £19 each so at the moment its not really worth it

A

Anonymous

lee37:
the s350 does support bd-r as do most players including the ps3.

there is a program that can rip the br disc to your hard drive remover protection etc and you can write it to a bd-r disc just like with dvds.

however the blank bd-r are £7 and only hold 23.098 GB which only about 20 films fit on and with about another 10 that will fit on if you rip out the main movie.

the bd-r DL hold around 44 GB and will back up every movie available but they cost £19 each so at the moment its not really worth it

ÿ

My sentiments exactly. It's just not worth it yet... although when the price of bd-r's fall I'll definately be buying a pioneer burner.ÿ

lee37

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
if your going to get a br writer get an LG ggwh20l

it has better compatability, writing speeds 6x etc

pioneer are good for dvd writers but have dropped the ball with BR

next year models may be a different story

Gort1951

Aug 18, 2008
Visit site
Like most people I won't bother yet until they start selling them in Pound Land.

£7 for a 25GB disk. Blanks dvds are roughly 10p each if you buy a 100. The same data stored on dvd would cost around 50p making it 14 times more expensive.

£19 for 50GB. would be 19 times more expensive. The same data on dvd would cost £1.

Even dvd+R DL can be got quite cheap and hold 8.5GB.

I once paid £9.99 for a blank Betamax Tape.

At one time it cost £500 for a dvd burner for your pc and it was only 2 speed, blank dvds were £12 each. Now you can buy dvd burners that do lightscribe and all formats for around £15.

I'm still waiting for the dvd+RW DL disks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts