admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a Panasonic TX-32LXD70 and the Samsung HT-X30 Home Cinema in a box. I would like to upgrade to a Blue Ray player, but keep my surround speakers. Do Samsung do a Blue Ray player or plan to produce a Blue Ray player that I can connect the speakers of my existing speaker to?

Your sincerely

Scott Anderson

Lamberhurst

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately home cinema in a box (all-in-one) solutions are sold as a package inc. speakers. The speakers that ship with these systems are often low impedance rated (ohms) and therefore unsuitable for use with a separate AV Receiver and also the subwoofers are usually unpowered, passive units. Again, these are unsuitable for use with an AV Receiver.

If you did get hold of a new unit, you would be left with the old one, which you would struggle to sell on without its associated speakers. I would simply sell it and put the money towards either separates or a new bluray all-in-one system.

Your Samsung unit has an optical input, so you could connect up a separate BD player via optical and get surround sound that way. It wouldn't be HD audio as that can only be carried over HDMI in its digital form but it would still be discrete multi-channel surround sound e.g. Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS and you would get the upgraded picture. Most BD players have both digi-coax and optical output, just make sure you buy one with optical audio output if you do decide to go down this route. To hear the audio from the BD player, you would set it to bitstream (and optical) in its audio setup and then press the relevant button on your Samsung's remote to cycle through the audio inputs. I think it's D-In or D.In you're looking for.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply. I will try the optical lead solution.

TRENDING THREADS